Thanks to Scott for his Blog

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
I want to thank Scott for his column:
A Plea to Echostar - The Satellite Dish - Blog on Multichannel News
We all need to be heard on this. Many of our members have had a need for a pro to help them install a FTA system. We need to work with the dealers to have Dish Network rethink their position.

With Charlie's threats to his dealers he makes us all appear as lawbreakers in the public's eye.
Bob

I think we need some news stations to pick up on this story. Have a combination of grandmas and large religious families interviewed telling their story of how they cannot get their religious and/or foreign language channels installed at their home now that all of the local installers are being strong-armed by this irresponsible company. And have them discuss how they are being made to feel like criminals for their decision to want choice in their programming. Then go on to describe how legal FTA works, and how even Echostar is a large distributor of FTA.

I can see, however, why Dish would not want FTA receivers sold by dish retailers. If it were not for the convenience, I would not want that either, myself. I mean, if people are equating FTA with Dishnet, then having the two setups installed from the same store kinda propagates that thought process. If a store is going to sell Dish and FTA, they'd better be selling the whole array of satellite products (DTV? Various Satellite internet packages, Musac systems, sat phones, 4DTV systems, etc) so that people realize that there are various options that are being represented.

E* Does not want the competition

We subscribe to international programming on AMC 4 that costs less than what E* offers and has some better Korean channels in the package (TANTV).
I don't think Chuckey wants the programming competition that FTA offers (and it ain't necessarily free).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts