How do you wire out a C/KU Band LNB to a Big Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Does the wiring for a Corotor II Plus require the 3 Polorotor connections as well as the Coax connections for C and KU Band? Would the wiring for a BSC 621-2 only require the C and KU coax connections?

Yes, the corotor uses 2 RG6 cables for the lnb connections and 3 wires for the skew/rotor. C-Band ribbon cable normally also has another set of wires to control the dish motor/arm - 2 for ground/positive & at least 2 for sensor.

The bsc621 and bsc621-2 only use the RG6 cables. You can utilize the internal switch on the BSC621 and only use 1 RG6 cable to the lnb, or you can bypass the internal switch and use 2 RG6 cables (one for c-band and one for KU)

Thanks lumkin 666 will a V Box II or III work with the CorotorII Plus? Then could I use my existing Viewsat Rx to control the Corotor II and Dish?

The VBox will "work" with the corotor, but you'll have a problem if you're using the two RG6 cables. Diseqc commands will get sent down the active RG6 cable.

I'm not sure what a Viewsat Rx is, so I cannot comment on that much. However, if you can utilize a diseqc switch from this receiver and still control the rotor, then you could run one cable through from the receiver, to the vbox, and then one cable out of the vbox. Then you'd split from the one cable to 2 cables coming out of a diseqc switch in order to connect to both lnb on the corotor.

hopefully someone will come along and clarify this concept a bit more than I can think to do at this time, if you still have questions.

Rx is short for "receiver". Viewsats don't always play well with DiSEqC motors, so I can only assume the same problems would exist when connected to a VBox II...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)