Thanksgiving Contest - Free Glorystar DSR100c System - Enter to Win! Ends 12.1.2008

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My favorite Thanksgiving memory is from 1976 . That was the last time we had a white Thanksgiving. I would love to have snow for Thanksgiving this year.

A few years back, a family in our town wanted to provide Christmas for a less fortunate family and came to my wife and I looking for someone to help. They wished to remain anonymous to the recipient, so we acted as the go between. We got an idea of what the family members were looking for for presents, sizes etc. and then we were the "elves" so to speak who delivered the goods. It was great playing Santa and seeing the expressions when we brought in box after box to the family.

My most memorable Thanksgiving was when I moved to a new city and didn't know a soul. People from the church invited me into their home and treated me like one of the family. That was one of the best Thanksgivings ever...

Thanksgiving moment

When I was about 8, we went to my grandparents house. It was filled with her kids and all their families. The kids all played outside and through the house then as we were running out of steam, the tables were filled with food and everyone pigged out. A happer time than today unfortunately.

FAVORITE MEMORY

My favorite memory on Thanksgiving was feeling that my family was united and happy to be one another in the year 1999. It was a tough year when my younger brother died in a car accident and it was the hardest thing to deal with in my life. I'm still not the same, but it was a thanksgiving that I cannot forget. To feel that we were still united and happy to be together in such a tough year. It was good to know that we were going to stick together through thick and thin.

Can't remember the year exactly. We always got together with family, but there was one year where we had a huge get together with a ton of relatives. I remember seeing cousins/etc.. I hadn't seen for a long time. We were all over my great aunt's old farm house. She had a storage area for some reason that was built over her refrigerator. About 4-5 of us kids could actually fit up there. So of course we climbed the counter...fridge.. and into there and made a hideout. Afterwards we all also had a huge football game outside. It was just a really memorable time.

Well... I can't compete with RV1Pop in this category...
Coming from a huge family, our Thanksgiving and Christmas get2gethers are somewhat overwhelming to the general public :)
My 2 youngest sons were both born 2 weeks before Thanksgiving (11/16/95 & 11/17/99) and those 2 years hold a special place.
BUT, my favorite would have to be the year I entered this contest for a Glorystar Satellite system and won it - then gave it to my pastor and his family. :):):)

The past compressed

I have very fond memories of Thanksgiving and Christmas get together's with my family, aunts, uncles, cousins. Each year was very much like the other, so my memories of one year are no more prominent than those of another (i.e. compression)...The day usually started in the early afternoon and went until late in the evening. They usually started with "us kids" playing around in the basement or outside until Dinner was ready, then eating until stuffed, then the kids would go play some more and the adults would retire to "Watch the football game"...this usually involved a lot of snoring, I guess the games were more boring back then!

Now a days everyone is too busy, the close family gets together for dinner and then we go our separate ways.

Mark

I married into a family of Jokesters. The aunts were always giving gag gifts. One Christmas I was given a balloon with an attached hose so that I could save (my) "gas" for the gas shortage. Four of the five aunts have died now and the last one is 98, good memories.
Bob

During my tour of duty in the United States Air Force (26 years) the day before Thanksgivings one year my military exercised ended. I was so tired working 12 hour shifts that took you about 14 hours to complete. We had to wear our gas mask with full dressed uniform and after a few hours you could pour water out of your rubber boots. The following day I went over to another members house and really enjoyed a decent lunch - it was great and they had the best food prepared. I think about this year after year and help out other needed families.

My Best Memory Of Thanksgiving Day!!!

My best memory of Thanksgiving day was when I was about 10 or 11 years old and I spent most of the day alone at home because my mother had to go and take care of my sick grandmother that day. It was a cold and rainy day and most of the day I spent it looking out the window at the rain or watching football games on TV. I felt so sad and lonely, especially it being Thanksgiving day. At the end of the day my mother came home with FRIED CHICKEN!! I didn't care, I was glad to see my Grandma was Ok and and that fried chicken was the best Thanksgiving Dinner I have ever had.

I love hanging out with my family on thanksgiving. I enjoy when we go to the park and walk, or kick around a soccer ball. I think we do this almost every year - Thanksgiving is in October, and the color of the leaves is always beautiful.

My most memorable Thanksgiving was when I was about 12 years old, and my Dad and I were in the family room while Mom was cooking. The neighbor's collie "Laddie" , a fine figure of a dog, who had adopted our family as his own, walked by us into the garage, with the TURKEY in his mouth. He thought, perhaps , it was time to go home. It took a couple seconds to sink in , what we had just seen, but we managed to get the TURKEY back, and it really wasn't much damaged . "Laddie" , of course, is something of a legend in our family.
:)

Last Thanksgiving--we opened up the wrapper to take out the turkey and smelled a foul smell (just a little play on words)--but seriously, the turkey had gone bad and smelled rancid. I called every store within 75 miles of my house and no food store was open because of the holiday!!!! My wife was very upset as we had family members coming to our house for dinner--and NO BIRD!!!! We ending up having chicken drumsticks (which we happened to have in the freezer) and lots of stuffing. Worst thanksgiving ever.

My favorite thanksgiving moment was in 1998, It was two months before my grandma passed away. It was before my mom and dad divorced too and it was the last thanksgiving my whole family got to spend with each other. My two grandmas passed after that year and I never got to see my grandfather again either. It is kinda sad to think back on it, but then again it was a happy moment too.

Congrats to the winner of this great prize!

EVERYDAY IS Thanksgiving for me and our family. Our family get together once a month even with our busy schedule to enjoy each others company. Reason everyday is a Thanksgiving for all of us because we have food on our table where millions of people are starving (children, homeless etc).

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Years ago I remember that my family got together on Thanksgiving. My sister brought turkey and ham and cinnamon apples. My family is about all gone now, but I still remember.

My Thanksgiving memory is the death of my mother while she and my dad were on a Thanksgiving break vacation. I was thankful my dad came home safely after taking care of things and arranging her return (and in retrospect, happy that we were able to have a Thanksgiving dinner together as a family a few days before they left - one last great-Mom prepared meal.

One Thanksgiving memory that I will always have is my wife's dad giving his testimony and encouraging all of the family members to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. That was his last Thanksgiving with us on this earth, he passed away the next January.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)