Thanksgiving Contest - Free Glorystar DSR100c System - Enter to Win! Ends 12.1.2008

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My favorite thaksgiving memory has been the meals we shared with my mom & dad. They both past away 6 years ago. But Iam happy to know that they both accept Jesus Christ as their savior before they past away. Thank the lord that I will see them pretty soon!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My best Thanksgiving ever was in 1987 when I brought my 6 week old daughter home from Yale- New Haven hospital after her having open heart surgery to fix a hole in her heart and replace a valve that was in the wrong place. No one knew we would be coming home because they did not even think they would discharge her then. I did not know till that morning either. What a suprise for all, and to this day I thank the Doctors and staff at Yale.

Being a grandpa, and a new great-grandpa, every thanksgiving is special, as it brings everyone to our house. A chance for everyone to visit and catch up on all the goings on in the family.

The best Thanksgiving memory I have is when my cousins would come for Turkey and we would play computer games all night. My dad would cook the Turkey on his outdoor cooker.. the best tasting Turkey!

Thanksgiving is a time for reflection, and to give thanks to God for the gifts we have recieved. It is a time to remember those who are no longer with us to share in this autumm feast. The painting "Pilgrims Promise" has hung on our family room wall for many years as a gentle reminder of those who have tread and labored before us, to build a world and a dream that we now enjoy.

It is a time for the kids to visit, to renew friendships, and to hang out with the relatives. A time for being "comfortably stuffed". Four days off from the "Rat Race". Kickoff of the shopping season for the wives and daughters. The first early days of the "Christmas Spirit".

It is also a time to remember those less fortunate than oursevles. Most of us sleep in warm homes, have plenty to eat, and are surrounded by loved ones. Extend a hand to someone in need this season, it may very well become a habit that lasts throughout the year. Giving someone a bit of your time, the most precious gift, benefits the giver as well as the reciever.

Years ago when I was young we would unite up north in Michigan for Thanksgiving with my parents,aunts, uncles, cousins and grandmother who was the rock of us all. Each year we were thankful for such a loving and solid family. The laughter still rings in my ears. Today, most of that family is gone but each Thanksgiving I'm still thankful for that family and my Lord and Savior who gave them to me. This and every Thanksgiving let's never forget that freedom and liberty is the cornerstone of this great Country. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

best thanksgiving...

we try to get the whole family together on thanksgiving, my family, the folks, and my 3 sisters families....we have been as far away as 18 hours, those days made for some interesting trips (a couple of them were made in time for turkey on thanksgiving and then making the return trip because of work or other things)...we are closer drive time wise and as a family overall (something to be really thankful for)......

always be thankful for what you have, there are others that do not have what you do....

thanks....

Truly Thankful

My wife's family has really taken me in as more than an "in-law." She had a special Grandfather that has since passed away. The year he got sick after beating cancer and heart problems in the past, he had the entire family gather around the Thanksgiving table. He had each one of us go around and tell what we were thankful for.
This kind of thing was not usually done with this family and it was great! We still do it occasionally now, even when it is NOT Thanksgiving. :hungry:

Thanks, Rudy! We miss you!

Every Thanksgiving is a special part of the Holiday season, but I think the one I remember most was back in 1985. We had a motorhome at the time, and my parents took my grandmother to Cape Canaveral, FL, to watch a night shuttle launch. I wish there had been high definition video cameras in those days instead of VHS portapacks! ;)

A special Thanksgiving that stands out in my recent memory is one I spent with a family I barely knew, really only through a friend of mine, in a farmhouse in rural Kansas. I cannot believe to this day the love and care they showed for me, it was truly above and beyond what any of my own family would usually have done. And they did not even know who I was. It showed me that sometimes, we have to step out and give of ourselves, just to do something for another person, and it can make a huge difference in their life.

My favorite was as a kid when we drove from Wisconsin to a Thanksgiving family reunion in Texas and met several Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins for the first time. Sitting down with the whole extended family was pretty special, even as a kid.

Each thanksgiving my father's side of the family uses the basement of a local church for our family thanksgiving supper. My dad was the oldest of 9 kids. Between my aunts and uncles, their kids, their grandchildren and great grandchildren, there are around 300 people who are invited and welcome to bring some friends. The only catch is my aunts make us all sing a thanksgiving carol, "gobble, gobble, gobble".

giveing thanks

i think that this year will be the most memerablle
after having 3 heart attacks
the last one being shocked 7 times
and then having a stroke in january of this year
which was the worst time ever ihad to stay in the hospital for over 2 weeks
and then i was put in a home for a month
and having to be away from my son and my wife
was very hard to hard on all of us.,..
my son is only 5 and kept saying daddy when are you coming home
need less to say depresion was high and i was down a lot
but with gods help and alot of work
i have over come
and strive to surviie
every day
and the only peralaise is my verion suffered a major loss on the left side
but i have learned to companste and over come this problem
the only thing is i may never be able to find work
but i have a little help from ssi (not much at all)
we get food stamps
and that doesnt go far
some how we manage to get buy
thanks for reading sorry to take up so much space

In the 60's I was working at Cape Canaveral and had a retired Presbyterian missionary aunt who had just moved into Olds Hall in Daytona. We decided to drive up and spend the day with her rather than doing our normal at home holiday meal. She was delighted and we walked to a nearby cafeteria that offered a special Thanksgiving meal. We toured Olds Hall which was on old hotel that had been renovated into apartments for retired missionaries. I learned through memorabilia and pictures on the walls that the Olds sisters were daughters of Ransom E. Olds of Oldsmobile and REO truck fame and had created the retirement center as a philanthropic gesture. Ransom had raced on the beach at Daytona Beach in his younger days. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

slightly ot but olds hall is just down the street from where i live. its a great place and they have helped a lot of people out!

I guess with my family, every year is a "favorite memory". With everybody living in different cities and working all the time, turkey day is THE day that everyone in the family drops everything and gets together at my sisters house for a feast and some football.

For me every single day is Thanksgiving and Christmas , I've never needed a special day to be compassionate to others or be thankful for what I have because I am thankfull every single day I have my family and friends .

Sadly Nov. 8th 2007 my Grandmother passed away at 94 yrs of age and I will continue to miss her dearly...... so my most memorable Thanksgiving would have to be one of several years when I was a teen , carefree and with no worries playing with my cousin on the Commodore 64 while Mom and Grandma got our Thanksgiving dinner prepared , we would add the extra leaf to the dining room table for all the relatives joining us and enjoy what we had , such a perfect day .

About five years ago I was managing team of engineers that worked around the clock. There were two day shifts and two night shifts. One worked the front half of the week and the other the back end. There was a lot of stress to get a multi million dollar project completed. Each shift was blaming the other for not meeting deadlines. The situation was so bad that some of my employees almost came to blows. I needed to do something FAST to get this situation under control. So I decided a team building session was in order. Not your ordinary team session mind you. Thanksgiving was right around the corner and the local food bank needed help breaking down bulk donations into individual family size portions. We all donned hairnets and paper booties and got to work. At first the "normal" tension was still palpable. But as time went on the guys started loosening up a little. They started feeling good about what they were doing. They started getting along with one another. As they talked they realized that they had many things in common. At the end of four hours the guys were getting along great. As we were about to leave the manager came over and asked if anyone would like to hand out a meal at the homeless shelter on Thanksgiving day. So in the parking lot I huddled up the team and said "how about it guys?" The plan was that anyone that wanted to help out would bring their families to the shelter to help cook and serve the feast. I also made it clear that this was voluntary. To my surprise every one of my employees showed up with family members in tow. We helped feed almost 1,000 less fortunate that day. These people gave up their private meals with the parade, football games etc to help people. Normally I'm a big tough guy but I broke down and cried that day. I was so proud of them all. After the holiday my team of engineers hit every single deadline and we picked up a couple of extra jobs as well. Its amazing how powerful a little perspective is.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks to the fine folks at Glorystar for making this all happen.

God bless.

My Favorite holiday would be chirstmas 3yrs ago, This is my favorite holiday day because i had a chance to see my Great Grand Mother. I didn't know she was coming to visit me. See lived all her live overseas in Europe, And i never had a chance to every see my entire life (25/30Yrs), I was so grateful to see her that i literally cried. But 2 yrs later, she pasted away....I was lucky to see her before she pasted away.....

was when i was younger spending time with my family at my grandpaws and maws house. we would have all the family over there and play and have fun. boy we sure grow up faster that i thought back then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.