Thankyou Dish Network

wholo5

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA.
Tuesday my old VIP 211 bit the dust, had it since 2006. Went on Chat and told them it was bad and gave them all the details. After a few more questions he said OK we will send you another one. Should arrive 4/5 days. Fine, no problem. Yesterday at 3:00 UPS pulls up and hands me the new receiver. My mouth fell open. I talked to them on Wednesday AM and got it the next day.

Now that my friends is service. Thanx Dish Network.

Not to be a buzzkill, but did Dish give you a UPS tracking number? If it had been me and the package arrived earlier than I expected and I wasn't home to receive it, I wouldn't have been too happy.

Yes, it was in my e-mail but I had not read it yet. UPS has consent to leave without signature. Boy, talk about glass half empty.

I had a similar experience recently when my Hopper was replaced. They said 4-5 days shipping and 2 days later it was there. I would say that for the most part is on UPS. I imagine DISH usually gets things shipped out of there wherehouse by 3 PM, like most businesses do.

12/22/2012 our 622 went belly up. ZachS from Dirt had a new one in my hands in 3 days(would have been probably 2 due to Christmas day). I rarely sign for any delivery's from UPS,FedEx or DHL, so I don't personally see where the problem would be. I guess if one needed to find a negative to a situation one will find one.

I've had a package stolen that was left on my front porch. Negative finds me. :)

Glad they were able to get your new hardware to you so soon plus always good to hear stories like this. :)

I hate it when packages have to be signed for -- You never know when it'll be there. I usually end up having to pick it up at their facilities.

Never had packages stolen ever -- Guess that's a benefit of having a front porch in a good neighborhood that's also on the side of a mountain.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

When they quote times, it is probably maximum shipping time, not the actual time based on your zip code. It is a lot easier to quote the farthest possible address's time vs having the Dish customer service rep having to figure out which warehouse it will actually ship from and the UPS/Fedex delivery time from that warehouse to your address.

This makes most packages arrive "early".

I had a similar experience, my 522 which I have had for many years died on me. I phoned Dish and after a quick and easy phone call the Customer service rep told me a new receiver would be shipped to me. I figured with this falling a day or so before Christmas I would be w/out a receiver for at least a week, much to my surprise I was outside taking down some Christmas lights the day after Christmas and up rolled a UPS truck and handed me my receiver. I couldn't believe I got it that fast. I have been a Dish customer for somewhere around 13 years and when it comes down to it, I have always received great service when needed. Thanks Dish!

If Dish has equipment exchange centers nearby,then they do typically deliver very quickly.Closest one to us is Spartanburg SC.Usually takes 2 days to get a receiver for us.I would guess they have one in ATlanta,that would explain how you received it so fast.

If Dish has equipment exchange centers nearby,then they do typically deliver very quickly.Closest one to us is Spartanburg SC.Usually takes 2 days to get a receiver for us.I would guess they have one in ATlanta,that would explain how you received it so fast.

Dish could have several hundred additional centers if they would have leveraged Blockbuster properly.

I've had a package stolen that was left on my front porch. Negative finds me. :)

I actually had one replacement receiver left off at a house about a mile away by UPS. They insisted they had dropped it off at the side door. Problem is I don't have a side door. The person who's home the receiver was dropped off was nice enough to call us and we went over and retrieved it.

Try having an address that is repeated in the same zip. At least we are on a corner and including that solved all problems of them getting my stuff and me getting theirs. Except for postal stuff where the mailman knows us.

Not to be a buzzkill, but did Dish give you a UPS tracking number? If it had been me and the package arrived earlier than I expected and I wasn't home to receive it, I wouldn't have been too happy.
I always use UPS my choice delivery since a facility is nearby. UPS will either send you an email, text, or voice message a day before a package arrives, even if the sender doesn't. The email has a link to change delivery if you want. One option is to pickup at a UPS facility. Signing up for the service and picking up at a UPS facility is free. http://www.ups.com/mychoice/ Even if you don't want to change delivery, it's nice to know in advance when a package is coming.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts