That’s it! I’m leaving Dish when my contact’s up and returning to DirecTV.

Yes they have ... however, they are trying to LOWER the fees, unlike any other ...

IF they would start to band together you'd see those fees lowered instead of them being held hostage every month ...

That doesn't warrant them to have a dispute with a random company almost every month now.

I didn’t realize it was that bad. If one could “move” with cable, I’d debate to myself if I would wanna go that route. But since I can’t, I really love the Hopper 3 and Primetime Anytime, so I’ll most likely stay put. The only other problem though, is that my “moved” market of the Twin Cities, MN doesn’t have as good of an SV market with my “moved” address of North Mankato, MN only getting Mankato, MN on top of the Twin Cities instead of the “moved” market of Durand, WI getting La Crosse, WI on top of the Twin Cities that I had with DirecTV. La Crosse, WI is a much better market than Mankato, MN. So I miss that market.

I always “move” about an hour after the tech leaves. Always works with no problems.
I’ve done that several times over the years as well. It’s gone away since they started migrating accounts out of the old DIRECTV billing system into the ATT billing system. It’s impossible in the new system to update the service address without generating a work order.

I’ve done that several times over the years as well. It’s gone away since they started migrating accounts out of the old DIRECTV billing system into the ATT billing system. It’s impossible in the new system to update the service address without generating a work order.

When abouts did that start? I “moved” plenty of times after AT&T acquired DirecTV. I specifically remember also that I had to make an AT&T account as well. I had DirecTV as late as late June 2018. I even “moved” back the day I cancelled, no problems.

I read up on that. They don’t allow TEMPORARY service address changes but allow PERMANENT service address changes.

I read up on that. They don’t allow TEMPORARY service address changes but allow PERMANENT service address changes.
Exactly. Only PERMANENT service address changes that come with a 2 year contract renewal and a tech visit. A tech has to show up and sign off on the new install address on site.

Existing accounts were migrated to the new system and given a new account number: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv/KM1174889?gsi=7pjd27
They started migrations over the last year, mine was migrated in April. They keep rolling through them month after month, and all new subs are only being provisioned in the new system.

If you could log into your account via directv.com, you were never migrated.

You can check out the RV forums, you'll find lots of reports like this one: DirecTV 'Service Address' problems

Once you're in the ATT billing system, "moving" is done.

That doesn't warrant them to have a dispute with a random company almost every month now.

If you don't demonstrate you're willing to lose channels no one will take you seriously when you protest a rate increase. They'd just stand firm on their pricing and know Directv will cave before contract expiration.

No one who complains about the disputes has any right to complain about the yearly price increases every January.

Reactions: Allegen27
Exactly. Only PERMANENT service address changes that come with a 2 year contract renewal and a tech visit. A tech has to show up and sign off on the new install address on site.

Existing accounts were migrated to the new system and given a new account number: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv/KM1174889?gsi=7pjd27
They started migrations over the last year, mine was migrated in April. They keep rolling through them month after month, and all new subs are only being provisioned in the new system.

You can check out the RV forums, you'll find lots of reports like this one: DirecTV 'Service Address' problems

chuckbear and jperry29 on that message board state they have "moved" with no problems a month after the thread was started. I "moved" back a few months after they did. And I had to connect my DirecTV account with an AT&T account to access it. So mine was already merged before I "moved" again another time before calling back and cancelling. I "moved" back home and they never said they needed a tech visit. I read on the AT&T message boards that it'd be no problem to "move" if it's PERMANENT. Anyways, just to be on the safe side, can anybody else on these DirecTV boards verify if what he's saying is true? People like Claude and a few others talked in this message board that I could still "move".

I think you're a little confused. I read a little more of that thread and they state that you need to renew the waiver every year for DNS stations, but some where still able to “move”. A couple people on that thread have "moved" no problems. After my account was merged, I still was able to "move". I read plenty of other threads that they have "moved" as well. The RV forums only say you can't "move" because it's temporary, not permanent.

I just called the number where you order DirecTV and told the guy that I frequently "move" between my billing address and "vacation home" and he said changing the address over the phone is no problem.

Good luck. Even retentions couldn’t move my service address back in the RC1 system when I tried to do it prior to cancelling. Luckily you can just drop off hardware at UPS or FedEx now, and they no longer send out recovery boxes.

ATT merged in 2 steps, the first step was moving logins to their authentication servers (but still used directv.com for account management), and the second stage was a full switch to the ATT billing system. If you get converted you 100% know it, because the billing statements and account access is completely different.
I can't do that if I'm planning on "moving".
Also on the bundle discount front, only the billing address needs to match between the mobile and DTV service.

I had no problem getting the $25 credit and free HBO with a matching MN billing address, even though my service address was in GA.

Reactions: edisonprime
If you don't demonstrate you're willing to lose channels no one will take you seriously when you protest a rate increase. They'd just stand firm on their pricing and know Directv will cave before contract expiration.

No one who complains about the disputes has any right to complain about the yearly price increases every January.

I never said I "complained" about the yearly price increases, now did I? I thought they were referring to the price DeathStar pays the channel operators, not the overall bill.

I just call them up and tell them to switch my service address, and that changes the zip for locals. It doesn't affect the phone service at all. I am talking cell service, not home phone.

I just call them up and tell them to switch my service address, and that changes the zip for locals. It doesn't affect the phone service at all. I am talking cell service, not home phone.

Just to double-check on what the other poster stated.... have you been able to “move” lately with your DirecTV service?

Not for about 2 years. I took advantage of the Sunday ticket college offer through a family member this year, and got the ticket for free last year, so I haven't had a need to switch to Philly locals to watch my Eagles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)