The 10 Things I Love About DIRECTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
kjlued said:
That's funny because a lot of people I install Direct for says Direct has a better picture.

I just smile and nod as I know they are really the same.

I also realize that perception is reality and if their perception is that the picture quality is better then it is their reality and they will be happier customers.

I had dish network for almost 10 years. I switched for two reasons. I wanted NFL Sunday ticket and, basically, I am the kind of guy that likes to switch it up once in a while. I got bored looking at the dish network guide. I never complained about picture quality with Dish and did not expect any better quality with direct. I wasn't even looking for it.

However, I noticed it right away. The picture quality on the HD channels is better on direct. And it's noticeable on my 60' Sony LCD projection.

Now that I have direct, I don't see myself changing. I like H24 series boxes much better than 722. The whole home DVR and the ability to watch DVRed programs on a computer are awesome. Native resolution options, VOD that blows away Dishs options, and the apps like sports guide on the sports channels are other reasons.

I never complained about picture quality with Dish and did not expect any better quality with direct. I wasn't even looking for it.

However, I noticed it right away. The picture quality on the HD channels is better on direct. And it's noticeable on my 60' Sony LCD projection.

Same here. I wasn't expecting a better quality but I noticed it right away. I also love the MLB channel and having GolTV back.

I love the extra NASCAR channels which are available on race day.

I had friends over who are NASCAR lovers and showed them the extra channels... they now want to drop cable and get DIRECTV.

My Top Ten:

Pretty easy billing descriptions-Hope that sticks

Hardware---Yes Like the HR24!!
One section I was told about on my bill (haven't been able to see it yet) was:

HD DVR upgrade - $99.00
Less: Equipment discount - ($31.00)

The first part makes sense, but what's up with the equipment discount? I'm guessing if the billing description is accurate that it indeed is a discount on my 2nd DVR that I ordered.

One section I was told about on my bill (haven't been able to see it yet) was:

HD DVR upgrade - $99.00
Less: Equipment discount - ($31.00)

The first part makes sense, but what's up with the equipment discount? I'm guessing if the billing description is accurate that it indeed is a discount on my 2nd DVR that I ordered.

Sounds right ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.