The 2009-2010 College Basketball on Multi-Sports Pack Thread

The SLU-Nebraska game tonight on Fox Sports Midwest is blacked out except in the state of Nebraska because it is a third-tier Big 12 broadcast. It is available on Full Court and by extension ESPN360.com in areas outside of Nebraska.

The GA Southern-Florida game is blacked out on Sun and FS South but does appear to be available on alt channel 450. Does anyone know why this would happen? My guess is that it depends entirely on who produces the games.

I'm not getting the St. Louis University-Nebraska game tonight on ESPN Full Court channel 456. It just shows the ESPN GamePlan logo and the audio is ESPN radio. Is anyone else seeing the game right now or is it simply not on? Fox Sports Midwest is vblacked out on channel 418 for this game (it is my local RSN) alternate channel 453 is also blacked out.

I'm not getting the St. Louis University-Nebraska game tonight on ESPN Full Court channel 456. It just shows the ESPN GamePlan logo and the audio is ESPN radio. Is anyone else seeing the game right now or is it simply not on? Fox Sports Midwest is vblacked out on channel 418 for this game (it is my local RSN) alternate channel 453 is also blacked out.

Mine was the same way. I don't know what happened. I'm just glad it wasn't a UK game or I would have been really mad. It was also blacked out for me on the FSN channels. The first SEC game was blacked for me too on channel 420 but was available on channel 450.
I noticed too that another Big 12 game on FSN RM was blacked out. The Colorado game. Looks like all the Big 12 games will be blacked out for me.

Mine was the same way. I don't know what happened. I'm just glad it wasn't a UK game or I would have been really mad. It was also blacked out for me on the FSN channels. The first SEC game was blacked for me too on channel 420 but was available on channel 450.
I noticed too that another Big 12 game on FSN RM was blacked out. The Colorado game. Looks like all the Big 12 games will be blacked out for me.

hallrk,

For these Big 12 second/third tier games you'll only get them if you live in the state of the Big 12 team. This was a Nebraska-produced game so it was only available on satellite in the state of Nebraska. Interestingly, Charter Cable in St. Louis had the game on Fox Sports Midwest, including the southwestern portion of Illinois where I live. Bottom line is that the game *should* have been available to both of us on Full Court because it was not being shown locally. I am just curious if there was a Full Court issue last night for that game or if I was intentionally blacked out of it because of where I live. I don't mind a blackout on Full Court...as long as I get it locally! It almost seems like to cover all possibilities you'd need one satellite provider and the local cable provider as well.

I am in Des Moines, IA. About 6:30 last night I was checking to see what games were going to be on.

I know it showed that the Neb-SL game was blacked out on ch 418. But about an hour later when I was flipping through the channels, the game was on & not blacked out.

It was also on one of the alt channels.

Last edited:
I am in Des Moines, IA. About 6:30 last night I was checking to see what games were going to be on.

I know it showed that the Neb-SL game was blacked out on ch 418. But about an hour later when I was flipping through the channels, the game was on & not blacked out.

It was also on one of the alt channels.

cyclone27,

Thanks for that info. I tried 418 and 453 several times, but the game was still blacked out for me at least through halftime, which is the last time I checked. I'll make sure I keep checking some of those blacked out games in the future though just to see if things change mid-game. Does anyone else have similar experiences to this? I wonder just how often "incorrect" blackouts are applied and then corrected after the game starts.

UPDATE: It looks like both satellite providers incorrectly blacked this one out in St. Louis, at least for the first half.

Last edited:
Those of you who would like to watch the early round Paradise Jam games, including those involving #7 Purdue and #10 Tennessee, can go to the Fox College Sports website, where the games are going to be streamed online.

In addition, subscribers to the DISH Multi-Sports Pack have a nice little bonus coming up in the form of the entire Great Alaska Shootout. I knew I would get some of these games but it's pretty interesting that every single one is going to be shown on DISH, some on alternate sports channels and others on RSNs. That's an interesting development and one I wasn't expecting.

Summary of results for the week of November 16 - 22, 2009:

Total RSN Games: 46
Games in the Clear: 37
Games Blacked Out: 9
% in the Clear: 80.43%
Total Full Court Games: 20
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 12
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 8

Summary of the results so far this year:

Total RSN Games: 68
Games in the Clear: 51
Games Blacked Out: 17
% in the Clear: 75%
Total Full Court Games: 26
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 14
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 12

Again, most of the blacked out games this week were ACC and Big 12 contests. We also had a WCC blackout mid-week. I did manage to get the Florida St.-Mercer game on an alternate channel on Saturday, so I hope more ACC games "sneak through" in the same way. There was much better success in terms of % of games in the clear this week than in Week 1, with over 80% of RSN games shown in the clear. I also wanted to note that if a game is blacked out on some channels but is shown on even one, it counts as an "in the clear" game since the goal is simply to be able to watch the game.

The semifinals of the Paradise Jam were shown on the Fox College Sports channels, which are cable only channels. DirecTV showed these games on an alternate sports channel, but DISH did not. So in this case, having the Multi-Sports Pack with DISH did nothing to allow you to get these games. On a more fortunate note, the championship of the Paradise Jam between #7 Purdue and #10 Tennessee is on many RSNs tonight, including in HD on FS Rocky Mountains HD.

Here is my situation in central Florida (Polk co.). Tonights game Virginia vs South Florida is being broadcast on Bright House cable in Tampa area. It is also on Full Court but blacked out for me. But with Dish SportsPak it is available to me in clear on SNY and MASN. So without sports pak I would not be able to see the game, unless I subscribed to BrightHouse cable.

update to this older post

SNY website finally has its Big East tv schedule posted.

SNY.tv: News: SNY announces Big East hoops lineup

Big East fans who are Dish owners with Sports Pak should get lots of Big East games. GO SYRACUSE

Gardner Webb at North Carolina was blacked out last night, as expected. It's looking like the Multi-Sports pack is an awesome value for fans of conferences other than the ACC and Big 12. It would especially be a great investment for people who already live in ACC territory because you'll have hardly any blackouts.

The Tennessee vs. College of Charleston game isn't even on Dish tonight. It is on CSS. I realize that Dish can't get CSS because of Comcast, but this is getting ridiculous. This makes two of the last three games I have not been able to get on Dish when I could get them on cable. Add to that the fact that three of our last four football games have been on ESPNU HD on cable and the Dish youtube version of ESPNU and I am not happy at all with sports on Dish. They are the official satellite tv provider of the Vols, after all. Charlie even went to UT. I expected better. I'll just repeat to myself: It will get better......

Edit: I suppose it is on ESPN Full Court, but I did go with Dish to save money.

Interestingly, one of the Philly Hoop Group Classic games between Temple and Virginia Tech was on a DISH alternate sports channel (474) on Friday evening. It looked like a Comcast SportsNet produced game. Were there any other Philly Hoop Group games on alternate DISH channels? I didn't even think to look prior to that game!

ESPN360 has 3 games today that Full Court isn't showing I guess since GamePlan is taking up all the space today

Youngstown St/Pitt (on FSN-Pit)
IUPUI/K State (ALT 446 blacked out in my area)
S Utah/Utah State

Lafayette/G"Town on MASN (which looks like crap in SD, just like all the CSN SD channels which Comcast seems to make them look so horrible so people upgrade to HD. Nice little scam they have going on. Check out QVC another Comcast channel. It is washed out and blurry.

Turn your head sideways and the number and letters look clear. Imagine that!

ESPN360 has 3 games today that Full Court isn't showing I guess since GamePlan is taking up all the space today

Youngstown St/Pitt (on FSN-Pit)
IUPUI/K State (ALT 446 blacked out in my area)
S Utah/Utah State

Lafayette/G"Town on MASN (which looks like crap in SD, just like all the CSN SD channels which Comcast seems to make them look so horrible so people upgrade to HD. Nice little scam they have going on. Check out QVC another Comcast channel. It is washed out and blurry.

Turn your head sideways and the number and letters look clear. Imagine that!

The Utah St. game is on DISH channel 462 tonight. It's a Full Court game.

The Utah St. game is on DISH channel 462 tonight. It's a Full Court game.

ok thanks for the heads up.

The quality of ESPN360 is better than the SD on Dish LOL

I don't know what it is, in the last couple years I have exploded with my love of college basketball, but I hate the NBA. Can't wait till next Wed when my father and I go to see Duke/Wisconsin :D