The 3000 watt FM radio station that straddles the USA/Canada border and not licensed by the FCC or CRTC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ancient

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2014
USA
Came across a link to this on Reddit and thought you guys would find it interesting!

CKON-FM Wikipedia page

CKON site on Google Maps (Google seems a little confused about the location of the building)

CKON web site

Wikipedia says of the station, "its transmitter site is reported as being located on the Canadian side of the border" but if so what is the tower just behind the building that is south of the border in the satellite view? And while the CKON callsign would indicate they are a Canadian station, they are not registered with the CRTC so there is likely no publicly available data showing exactly where the transmitter is.

This begs some obvious questions that I'm sure the tribe would prefer no one asks, so I won't.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Came across a link to this on Reddit and thought you guys would find it interesting!

CKON-FM Wikipedia page

CKON site on Google Maps (Google seems a little confused about the location of the building)

CKON web site

Wikipedia says of the station, "its transmitter site is reported as being located on the Canadian side of the border" but if so what is the tower just behind the building that is south of the border in the satellite view? And while the CKON callsign would indicate they are a Canadian station, they are not registered with the CRTC so there is likely no publicly available data showing exactly where the transmitter is.

This begs some obvious questions that I'm sure the tribe would prefer no one asks, so I won't.

It's an interesting situation, but since the Akwesasne tribal members consider the St Regis Mohawk Reservation in the US and the adjacent Akwesasne Reserve in Canada as their sovereign territory by treaty, it would be an interesting court case.

Reactions: k.r.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)