The 6 Ways CBS's Crime Dramas Kill Everything Else on TV

I only watch the NCIS's, the original Criminal Minds. Tried the new one, but was not into it. And I refuse to watch CSI - as a criminal justice prof I just can't do it. So, so, so bad. But I think I watch NCIS: Los Angeles more for Danella Ruah than anything. ;)

But back on topic of the article - I think the point is a good one. CBS has nailed the genre and does it well.

I got away from watching for CSI for awhile (preferred NY or even Miami), but I am really enjoying this season's storyline between Dr. Langston and Nate Haskell. To be honest, I didn't like CSI for first two or three years it was on the air for the reasons mentioned above (althought I watched it because there was so little HD in the Primetime lineup), but the show grew on me once I viewed it as merely fiction/entertainment. CBS certainly has the Midas Touch but as much as I want to like Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior...it's not happening, so far; and NCIS: Los Angeles is horrible IMO.

Yes CBS is the Murder/ Kill /Death network . Who would of thought that the older demographic, that was so loyal to CBS all those years, was so violent with psychopathic tendencies . IF our country was to be judged by foreigners based on this one network and it's prime time shows , I imagine that tourism would drop, for fear of being murdered , raped and or killed by a serial killer.

I kind of find the #6 spinoff shows funny as applied to CBS. Ten years ago, we were calling NBC the Law and Order network

CBS has just always been my by far most watched network year after year. I love the CSIs, the Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, et al. Crime dramas are what I like and CBS has plenty. As long as the body counts keep going up, I’ll continue to watch. For some reason I never did get into NCIS though. CBS has such a great line up already it sucks when they have good shows that just don’t pull in the numbers like the big shows. Jericho, Eleventh Hour, Cold Case, Shark, Miami Medical, Without A Trace all CBS shows dramas I watched in the past few years that we axed. I only watch NBC for Chuck and not much else in the past few years. Journeyman, Surface and Earl were the only shows I recall watching on NBC since Third Watch went off, oh yeah and Chase which is all but gone. ABC just blows. Since NYPD Blues been gone I’ve watched Invasion, Flash Forward, V and The Forgotten. Nothing on NBC or ABC interests me. And so many Fox shows over the past few years I’ve tried to watch have been canceled very quickly, so I don’t even bother with Fox anymore, I only watch Animation Domination on Sundays. I want to watch The Chicago Code real bad, but I don’t want to get into a series that may very likely not make it past 6 episodes.

Hopefully CBS can continue to pile on the death, destruction and gore and maybe a few of the comedies or better yet, Survivor, can go bye bye and we can get a few more crime dramas out of it.

CBS has just always been my by far most watched network year after year. I love the CSIs, the Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, et al. Crime dramas are what I like and CBS has plenty. As long as the body counts keep going up, I’ll continue to watch. For some reason I never did get into NCIS though. CBS has such a great line up already it sucks when they have good shows that just don’t pull in the numbers like the big shows. Jericho, Eleventh Hour, Cold Case, Shark, Miami Medical, Without A Trace all CBS shows dramas I watched in the past few years that we axed. I only watch NBC for Chuck and not much else in the past few years. Journeyman, Surface and Earl were the only shows I recall watching on NBC since Third Watch went off, oh yeah and Chase which is all but gone. ABC just blows. Since NYPD Blues been gone I’ve watched Invasion, Flash Forward, V and The Forgotten. Nothing on NBC or ABC interests me. And so many Fox shows over the past few years I’ve tried to watch have been canceled very quickly, so I don’t even bother with Fox anymore, I only watch Animation Domination on Sundays. I want to watch The Chicago Code real bad, but I don’t want to get into a series that may very likely not make it past 6 episodes.

Hopefully CBS can continue to pile on the death, destruction and gore and maybe a few of the comedies or better yet, Survivor, can go bye bye and we can get a few more crime dramas out of it.
Better yet...how about the cast of Survivor gets slaughtered by a gang of serial killer Marines operating out of Miami, New York and Las Vegas...only to be evaluated by the BAU, autopsied by staff from all three CSI teams, and investigated by agents from NCIS. I like it! :)