The ABSOLUTE Dumbest Level 2 HD tech on the Planet!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Y2k06

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
So, my 622's HDMI goes out. They rush me a replacement - no problem.

Hook it up, do check switch, then screen says "downloading...do not turn off or disturb....' (or something like that).. This screen stays on for 30 minutes with NOTHING happening. Didn't want to just pull the plug, so waited nearly 45 minutes to get through to Level 2 HD tech support.

*here's where it gets absurd*

So, I tell the guy what's happening - he says ok, do a front panel reset, which I did.. after 20 minutes, same thing. Receiver would not acquire satellite signal and software downloads- (trying to get through that so it would give me the 'must call Dish to authorize receiver screen).

One more soft re-boot. Same thing. So, the conversation goes to the equipment setup.

Only a single wire for the 622, so installers decided to put up a D1000 triple LNB, no switch, and run one side to the 211 and the other to the 622 with separator. The remaining D500 feeds a 301 and a 508. (not germain to the topic)

He puts me on hold, then comes back and says I MUST have a DPP44 switch from the D1000 to feed the 622's single cable. He becomes quite adamant that his 'away on hold' convo techies told him this and that there is NO WAY for the 622 to 'see' 129 for HD, because there is no switch.

The obvious question, then is... well Skippy, tell me this? How come it has worked perfectly and still will except for HDMI port, and OH, how about the check switch that locked in on all 3 sats, 110/119/129? The tech becomes more angry that I am arguing with his distorted logic.

Puts me on hold again. - then returns and says he has taken this "all the way to the top level tech" and they all agree, the 622 will NOT work on just a D1000 triple LNB and be able to 'see' 129, and THAT is the reason the receiver won't download and update receivers memory and software.

I gave up asking how come the other 622 worked perfectly upon install, and he came just short of calling me a liar and that it would have been impossible for even the first 622 to have worked at all either. (without the DPP44). They schedule a D* regional manager to come check it out Saturday, but in the meantime, go ahead and put the other 622 back up and just use composite output until tech can check things out on Saturday. I shake my head in disbeleif. Call concludes (total time spent waiting on hold and discussing 1.5 hours!

Convinced this made NO sense whatsoever, I decide to do a Hard Reset, even though the message on the screen says "don't touch - or loose power during this update" (paraphrased). Unplug...wait a minute, plug back in...spools up..checkswitch verified, then it starts downloading. Within 5 minutes, it's all done and NOW has the screen to call for authorization of the new receiver. Another 50 minutes on hold before getting through!

Problem solved.

I suggested to the last tech I spoke with if he knew the guy I was working with earlier, and said "yeah" - told him...why don't you suggest that he apply for a job at McDonalds as only his distorted logic would be compatible with the rest of the idiots working there flipping burgers.

MORONS - we are surrounded by them....

~~
~~

Last edited:
Do they have McDonald's in India? And if they do, would they have burgers (cow) to flip?

Just seeing that attitude of the CSR not able to say "I don't know, interesting" is odd. I think they are afraid of saying that.

Max Wright said:
Do they have McDonald's in India? And if they do, would they have burgers (cow) to flip?

Just seeing that attitude of the CSR not able to say "I don't know, interesting" is odd. I think they are afraid of saying that.

Just say "Holy Cow"...LOL

Spinerep said:
Just a thought, but I think I would have pulled the plug before sitting,waiting, and dealing with tech support for an hour and a half!

I thought about doing that....but wasn't sure what would happen, or render it useless, so took the tech help path first. Then when it made no sense, I said, AH..what the hell...

Should have gone with gut instinct first, but all is good now.......

so what you are actually saying is you have 2 dishes on the roof, one 500 and one 1000 dish. the 1000 doesn't have a triple LNB, it has 1 Dish Pro Plus Twin, and 1 DP single, as far as them saying that you needed a 44, they actually were correct (they just didn't give you the right reason why) if they all came from one dish. 5 tuners, one dual tuner, and 3 single tuners, you would need a DPP 44 plus switch to run them, if it was one dish. but you are correct if they understood that you physically had 2 dishes on the roof, they are morons

Dish Dude said:
so what you are actually saying is you have 2 dishes on the roof, one 500 and one 1000 dish. the 1000 doesn't have a triple LNB, it has 1 Dish Pro Plus Twin, and 1 DP single, as far as them saying that you needed a 44, they actually were correct (they just didn't give you the right reason why) if they all came from one dish. 5 tuners, one dual tuner, and 3 single tuners, you would need a DPP 44 plus switch to run them, if it was one dish. but you are correct if they understood that you physically had 2 dishes on the roof, they are morons

That is absolutely correct. Told him I orignally had a Dish 500 looking at 110/119 and a second 500 (single LNB) that originally was at 148, but I moved over to 61.5 when I got the 211.

The installers took down the single dish pointing at 61.5 and installed a D1000 which feeds the 211 and 622 and the original D500 twin, still is at 110/119 for the other 2 SD receivers.

The tech's knew that - many times mentioned in the discussio---no make that argument.

~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)