The accent was so thick...

Timpanogos

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Okay, so I decide to upgrade to HD before February 1 to get in on the perks. I just called 1-800-333-dish and the account rep I got had an accent so thick that I couldn't understand what he was saying about 1/3 of the time.

I finally bailed on lining the programming and hardware up today because of the failure to communicate. I then tried the "live on-line help" feature of the Dish website, but the representative really didn't know about the upgrade options for a long term customer like me (since 1997).

Does anyone have a hint on how to get a person at Dish via phone with English as a first language, who actually knows the details of the various plans that Dish offers? This is getting frustrating. I have until January 31 to complete this upgrade, but Dish seems totally incapable of serving their customers with any competent employees! This wasn't the case way back in the early days...

Keep calling until you get a red blooded American. If Dish still has any employed.:D

I know some companies (Dell) allow you to ask for an american when you call. Did you try asking for someone that spoke better english?

Bump... can someone answer this? Can I just go through Dishstore for my upgrade and bypass the hassles? Will dish allow this?

Last edited:
I always turn an upgrade into a tech question, (a will this work type of question). Tech support has always done the upgrade for me without any problems and it is taken care while being able to speak english from both parties.

I believe that if you have a high monthly bill (mine is ~$150 and has been for many years, not sure what the threshold is), you're considered a high-value customer, and will automatically be routed to someone in a USA call center. I've never gotten an Indian CSR, and I've called at all times of the day, including 2AM on the west coast.

Damn BuddyBoy! You get the Grey Poupon service! I am a long term Dish customer (since 1997), but apparently not of high enough value ($55/month) to have any worth in the eyes of Dish Network to have them care diddly squat about my family. I get the Third World service contacts.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)