The AL West 2009

Plus, if I may say so, I take offense to the likening of the two in that the Angels organization IN NO WAY displays the open, in-your-face arrogance that the Yankees do. Be it the wealth, the ability to sign big players if needed, and just the way the whole organization goes about its day-to-day business. No flash. No flair. Just play Angels baseball from Class A to the Show. ;)

Sometimes when you are within, you see things differently than those who look in at you. But, I am dead-spot-on with this response to the remark.

I agree.

Because the way they beat my A's is very disrespectful!! i am getting tired of it!:D Thank you for taking the bait! :up

:eek: Sorry! But DO remember not too far back when YOUR guys used to beat the ever luvin' hell out of my guys year after year after year. And if the Angels wound up with the pennant, the A's would STILL make sure that getting it would not be easy.

I think you should direct any ill-will toward A's ownership/management. You won't see consistent winning teams until that front office mess is cleared up.

Stay tough!;)

Last edited:
After tonight's game, I'm seriously wondering if the Angels are even serious about winning this division....that was amatuer hour.

After tonight's game, I'm seriously wondering if the Angels are even serious about winning this division....that was amatuer hour.

They had every chance to win it...TWICE! Speier has been in the doghouse but they've kept him because they've had no pitching. Now that there is the possibility of a log-jam at starter, he may be expendable.

Flat out, he threw the porckchop to the hungry wolf last night and paid the price.

I still say that the AL West leader we see on July 9 may well be the one we see come Oct. 4th.

Actually, I'm having fun with this now.

Neutron, you devil! Where in hell are you?????? :D:p

Last edited:
There only real weakness is their bullpen. They were able to comeback from a 6 run deficit, and that speaks volumes for the team.

They had every chance to win it...TWICE! Speier has been in the doghouse but they've kept him because they've had no pitching. Now that there is the possibility of a log-jam at starter, he may be expendable.

Flat out, he threw the porckchop to the hungry wolf last night and paid the price.

I still say that the NL West leader we see on July 9 may well be the one we see come Oct. 4th.

Actually, I'm having fun with this now.

Neutron, you devil! Where in hell are you?????? :D:p

They didn't miss a step without Manny. They will only get tougher with him.

They didn't miss a step without Manny. They will only get tougher with him.

DAMN IT!!! I DID IT AGAIN!!!! I can't get my leagues straight!!!!!:rant:

I meant to say (and I have corrected it) the AL West leader on July 9th will be the AL West leader on October 4th.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about the NL West.:rolleyes:

DAMN IT!!! I DID IT AGAIN!!!! I can't get my leagues straight!!!!!:rant:

I meant to say (and I have corrected it) the AL West leader on July 9th will be the AL West leader on October 4th.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about the NL West.:rolleyes:
Hey there now... :D

Some of the guys over at HalosHevan perplex me beyond belief. Of course there is the big outcry to put Brandon Wood in the line-up. But it's the way they keep wanting to do it.....either letting Chone Figgins go next year or moving one of the best 3rd basemen in the majors to left field to make room for a minor league player! SO...we're going to either let Chone Figgins go to one of the 10 other teams that are sure to be climbing all over each other for him, or we bench Rivera and move Figgins to his position to let the minor league wonder boy play in the majors.......I swear people shouldn't post when they're drunk or high!

If Figgy keeps running the bases with his head up his ass like he has been lately, I say bring Woody on NOW!

I still say bring Woody on now. There must be something between him and Big Mike that is keeping him down there.:confused:

Angels and Rangers ten games over .500 and tied for the lead in the AL West. They fought a hard three games last week in Texas and still no clear-cut leader. They meet tonight for the first of three games at the "Big A" for (as Scully would call it) "The Collision".

I wanted a challenge in the AL west this year and I got my wish! :D

GO ANGELS!!!!

M's went 5 and 4 on a road trip to LA (Dodgers) NY (Yankees) and Boston. Three and a half games back. Many injuries and they are still finding ways to win and doing it as a TEAM mostly with a group of guys that others have overlooked.

GO M's!!!!!

If Figgy keeps running the bases with his head up his ass like he has been lately, I say bring Woody on NOW!

I still say bring Woody on now. There must be something between him and Big Mike that is keeping him down there.:confused:

FIGGY JUST GOT CAUGHT OFF THE BAG AGAIN TONIGHT!!!! Get rid of him and bring up Woody N-O-W!!! Mindless errors like this are not to be tolerated this year!!!!

Very Good Road Trip for the M's....Washburn was excellent last night, and if Erica can stay healthy they might just hang around in the AL West.

GO M's!!!!!

Watching Yak and Adair while Bedard was pitching this last outing I couldn't help but think they were just hoping that he would get to the end of his pitch count healthy to raise his trade value. If only Eric had a little more heart. It's a shame.

GO M's!!!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts