the best actual blu ray drive for pc??

xfxzone

Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
hi guys,

tha's my question very simple.
PS3 produces more quality that a blu ray drive of the PC?

I right now have a HDTV 1080p:confused:

hi guys,

tha's my question very simple.
PS3 produces more quality that a blu ray drive of the PC?

I right now have a HDTV 1080p:confused:
Note that the PS3, because it was designed for BD, will beat most PC's using blu-ray. The PC is also dependent on what Video card and audio card. But I am also interested in adding a blu-ray Drive.

Note there are two classes of Blu-ray Drives. Those that our players only, and those that can record. And there is the question of software included and what is supported with that hardware/software combo.

The latest is the 4x burner drive using sata connection. Older 2x technology uses IDE connection. I just added a 4x to my quad core computer. It was designed as a hi def edit platform with blu Ray burning in mind.

Most people are saying that the LG combo drives are some of the better drives out there. I bet the Plextor drives are the only ones that are as good or better. Pioneer is slipping. Their drives used to be good.

PC playback for Blu-Ray sucks because of the software--period. The studios are so paranoid that they want all the hardware locked down before it will play. There is zero reason why PC software didn't properly decode all audio formats and have all full profile features implemented at launch other than greed, laziness and a desire to double/triple/quadruple, etc. dip on upgrades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)