The best c-band lnb?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

river6

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Hi to all,

What is the best c-band lnb for the weaks signals?
I have 13k and i like to use it for
Atlantic Bird 3 at 5.0°W
but the signal is not good.
thanks.

Hi to all,

What is the best c-band lnb for the weaks signals?
I have 13k and i like to use it for
Atlantic Bird 3 at 5.0°W
but the signal is not good.
thanks.

A quality C-band LNB (Cal Amp, Norsat) with low noise factor and low frequency drift is your best chances at getting a good signal, of course, a finely tuned dish is the most important factor.

Most people around this forum cannot receive AB3 on C-band (including myself), just waay too far east for me (I can hit AB1 on Ku).

The problem might not be as much of an LNB problem as it is a NOISE problem. While a better quality LNB can help by reducing overall system noise, the fact that the dish is pointing at such a low look angle will introduce much more earth noise. North American customers who have contracts using this satellite will generally use a much bigger dish so that the tighter beamwidth will help reduce the amount of earth noise received.

This effect can be simulated by connecting a dish to a receiver and observing the signal meter while not pointed at a satellite. Note the signal when the dish is pointed skyward into clean air, then lower the dish toward a group of trees or a building and watch the signal rise.

Highest end lnbs are going to be California Amplifier and Norsat.
As stated above no lnb is going to compensate for extremely low on the horizon satellites.
Like stated above a larger dish is about all that will do.

If you have a poor quality lnb, you may see some improvement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts