The Champion Sox put up a great fight

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
....but after it was all said and done the Wunderkind Cinderella team pulled it off.

Hold your heads high Bob and all of Red Sox Nation. You wooped the Angels and made for the most compelling series of the offseason.

It was a great ride!:)

wow, the Sox lost their mojo! Quick, call Austin Powers! :D

Congrats Rays, you're my pick in the series because of homefield advantage and because of the feelgood story they provided this season.

:up. Agreed. I found myself rooting hard for the Sox. You would've thought the Mets were playing! The only problem I have with the Rays is that the people who attended the games at the Trop, they might be the only fans that they have. I mean who's going to watch the World Series. This World Series could be incredibly low.

Hey, if the Rays win it-congrats to them. They have had a helluva year. My hat's off to them. The only thing is that if they win it-who going to care?

Sorry to disagree with you guys, but I think it's going to be a GREAT series.

Thid series reminds me of the 2006 Hurrcanes/Oilers Cup Finals- abysmal ratings and not-so-pleasing for casual viewers, but great for real fans.

This is NOT like Spurs/Pistons- that was just dull and uncompetitive for most of the series.

Thid series reminds me of the 2006 Hurrcanes/Oilers Cup Finals- abysmal ratings and not-so-pleasing for casual viewers, but great for real fans.

This is NOT like Spurs/Pistons- that was just dull and uncompetitive for most of the series.

All basketball is dull and boring ....

Piston and Spurs fans had no problem with that series.

Yo Jimbo-Daddy-yo, you should specify Pro Basketball and their crooked refs and game outcomes for ratings.

I still like college basketball.

Pro BBall and Pro Wrestling are so transparently rigged that it's patethic.

NHL rules!

Yeah, all 42 of you.

There are plenty of Pistons fans, we have lead the league in attendance every year, except one pretty much since we moved into the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess most of the people here appreciate the ESPN highlight reel more than a couple of teams playing basketball with a "Team" concept as opposed to high-profile "look at me dunk" style.

There are plenty of Pistons fans, we have lead the league in attendance every year, except one pretty much since we moved into the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess most of the people here appreciate the ESPN highlight reel more than a couple of teams playing basketball with a "Team" concept as opposed to high-profile "look at me dunk" style.

I prefer to see teams score at least 82 points in a game, not struggle for 70.

Oh my, I couldn't disagree with that more. I LOVE NBA basketball, college too. The only thing I dislike about both is the endless timeouts at the end of games.

As a hockey fan I used to look down my nose at the NBA, but no more. The action is as intense as can be...even in regular season games.

Sandra

I agree with Sandy- the NBA is FANTASTIC, except when Detroit plays San Antonio.

As we have seen, teams that are interesting and can actually PUT THE BALL IN THE BASKET draw more eyeballs.

Oh my, I couldn't disagree with that more. I LOVE NBA basketball, college too. The only thing I dislike about both is the endless timeouts at the end of games.
I love the timeouts at the end, at least in college. That's when the magic happens. You give a good coach 3 timeouts in the last minute and you can pull out some miracles.

Basketball season is just around the corner. I'm starting to get excited. :)