The contract vs purchasing equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Templeton0543

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Central California
I recently upgraded from a broken 722k to the HWS and Joey then had the Hopper go bad. Dish sent me a new one and have had no problems since. In looking through these forums I have found retailers that sell new equipment, and have a couple of questions.
I have a new 2yr commitment, but if I were to purchase a new HWS and Joey would Dish let me return their equipment and cancel the contract? If so, if I had a problem with the equipment would Dish send a replacement or would it be on the retailer to do so? Think I know the answer to the last one, but thought I would throw it out.
Calling to ask is not an option, nobody would understand me.

Your commitment will be with you until you cancel altogether or the commitment expires.

If you had a problem with owned equipment, it would be between you and the seller unless you subscribe to the Protection Plan.

You already have a contract so you would be required to pay the cancellation fee. If you at some point do purchase equipment you can avoid renewing a contract with Dish but there are very few benefits.

As posted, you can't simply end the contract with no consequence. There would be an early termination fee similar to a Cell carrier contract.

There is no reduction or elimination of fees if you own the equipment, since DISH does not charge a lease fee. So it is little benefit to owning equipment in your situation in fact it would cost you money. Some people just don't want a contract, or want to own a receiver because they don't want it activated all the time and those would be reasons to own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)