THE CW now on channel 385

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What is the cost for the "distants"???
The above post lists it as $1.25/mo while another gives it as $1.50/mo. I`m currently paying $2.25/mo per network for the Ny/LA distants.

What is the cost for the "distants"???
The above post lists it as $1.25/mo while another gives it as $1.50/mo. I`m currently paying $2.25/mo per network for the Ny/LA distants.

According to my recent activity screen, I am being billed $1.50 for CW and $2.25 per other network from NY/LA.

-Dan

I would love to add the CW to my DTV Lineup, however, I am scared that if I contact DTV for any reason, that I will lose my FOX LA/NY feeds. I wasn't supposed to have these channels, but an error on their website many years ago allowed me to gain access to the FOX Channels. I know I've been grandfathered in with new laws, but don't want to chance anything being turned off. Our local CW Affiliate is only broadcast on a Digital Subcarrier by the local ABC affiliate. So I am unable to pick it up anyway.

okay what did you hear?

did you try to get the CW? I am in the exact same spot as you.. and wondering the exact same things.. Please let me know what you did and the outcome.. thanks old rat...

I have all four distant networks from DirecTV (grandfathered status). DirecTV provides my locals, but the only CW affiliate is cable-only. I used to get the WB affiliate from Baltimore before it was pulled when it became CW.

I called to see if I qualified for channel 385, and I was told immediately that I do. It didn't affect my other distant networks at all.

I guess D* just likes to mess with me. I get the national feeds of ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox because D* doesn't carry my locals. I'm classified as a "Grade A" signal OTA, but D* gave them to me anyway, without having to submit waivers.

Monday, I called to add the CW DNS (my local ABC affiliate carries CW on a digital sub-channel only), and the PBS DNS (which according to D*, I'm eligible for). They told me that they had to submit waivers for both, and it would take up to 45 days.

Tuesday, still no PBS DNS or CW DNS. Called back and got to Customer Retention. He agreed that I didn't need a waiver for PBS DNS and said that he'd get it on right away, but I needed a waiver for CW DNS.

Here it is, Thursday night, and still no PBS DNS or CW DNS. D* is not going to like hearing from me tomorrow.

Those of you who were told that you needed waivers for CW DNS but had it within a few minutes, what are you telling D* that they're going ahead and turning it on so quick?

All i did was ask if I could sub. I was placed on hold forever while the CSR asked someone who had heard of this channel. When she finally came back, I got the 45 day waiver story, but the CW came on within 10 minutes. D* doesn't offer locals in my area, and the CW is cable only in my area. The D* website says I qualify for all distants in my area. I don't know why I got the waiver story.

I wonder now that Feb 7th has come and gone, if the window for getting this channel is closed. Meaning, that if you have distant networks, and they now offer locals, that you will lose your distant networks.. I am very afraid to call D* for anything at this point in time..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts