The day I finally got something done

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Been so stinking hot/humid for months around here, I didn't want to mess with much dish=tuning out doors, unless it was an emergency. Today, the high was in the mid 60s, so I rolled out the power cords and the little tv and tuned up some dishes. The mosquito attack was only sporadic, and it was very cloudy so I could actually see the tv without covering it up with something to block the sun, lol. Managed to crank my hand-crank Winegard 7.5 over to 58W, great video on those channels on c-band, I was surprised how nice it looks. Aimed a 1m primestar over to 72W, but since it's a fixed dish I will probably change my mind and put it on 103w before long.
Then I swapped out the lnbf on my primestar-on-polarmount rig, the old red plastic lnbf was cracking from the sun. Maybe I can superglue it later if I need it, had a spare cheapo to use for now. And learned that my lnbf was not turned exactly right -I always wondered why I couldn't get more channels on 99ku with it. All other sats worked just fine. Now to run some more scans and see what I messed up.

Turbo I decided the last couple of days to fine tune a couple of my dishes as well..Today it rained on and off which slowed me down. The pesky trees and their leaves are causing me more havoc on anything lower than 87W on Cband and anything higher than 131W...So once again I'm waiting on the leaves to fall to fine tune some more stuff..May have to trim a few branches too!

What we need is a feedhorn-mounted laser that would just burn off all excess branches, lol. But, oh we would probably need a gov't permit for that since it transmits.

What we need is a feedhorn-mounted laser that would just burn off all excess branches, lol. But, oh we would probably need a gov't permit for that since it transmits.

I've got a green laser from Ebay that can throw the beam 10 miles. I wish also that I could mount it on my c-band dish, and sweep it across the tree arc and burn off the tops of my trees! lol

105 would be a good place, in fact when I get tired of 58w I'm going to move my spare cband fixed back there for NASA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts