The death of a legend Alexis Arguello

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hugo M Garcia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Sun Valley CA
Former boxing champ, Managua mayor Arguello dead

MANAGUA, Nicaragua Alexis Arguello, who fought in one of boxing’s most classic brawls and reigned supreme at 130 pounds, was found dead at his home early Wednesday.

Coroners were conducting an autopsy to determine the cause of death. Sandinistas Party’s Radio Ya and other local media were reporting it appeared to be a suicide.
The La Prensa newspaper reported that Arguello—elected mayor of Nicaragua’s capital last year—was found with a gunshot wound to the chest.
The 57-year-old Arguello retired in 1995 with a record of 82-8 with 65 knockouts and was a champion in three weight divisions. He was perhaps best known for two thrilling battles with Aaron Pryor and fights with Ray Mancini, Bobby Chacon and Ruben Olivares.
Thanks for everything – and rest in peace.

JUST Because he was from Nicaragua do NOT make him less
He was good and the best
I do not know how old are you but it show that you might just be less than 21 my son is 17 and do not know who Mike Tyson is!!!!!!

I am 34. I didn't say anything about where he was from so don't put words in my mouth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)