ANGELS RATED MOST FAN-FRIENDLY FRANCHISE (good alliteration!)

That doesn't surprise me. We went to a White Sox and Angels game earlier this year. There was about 20 of us and most of us were wasted beyond belief. I had on my Dodger stuff and a buddy of mine had on his ChiSox stuff. We were taunting the Angels fans (in the outfield seats mind you) and they had nothing to say back. Every time a Sox hit a HR or scored we would rub it in. The Angel fans ignored us. One eventually turned around and said, "Can you please be quiet, we are trying to enjoy the game." I have never seen anything like this before. We were at a friggen game. I have been to Dodger stadium, PacBell/ATT Park, Petco, and Coors Field, and I have never seen such a passive group of fans in my life as those in Angels stadium.

As I was walking out, one fan turned and said, "2 out of 3", refering to when the Angels took 2 out of 3 from the Dodgers in LA (this was before the Dodgers took 2 of 3 in Aneheim). I simply said, "Best record in baseball". He replied with, "I knew I should not have said anything. I knew you were going to say that". "That was all you got", I replied back. You could have said something about Manny or LA; but you just give up that easily?" He said he didn't want to argue, he just wanted to enjoy the game. (Then why bring it up to begin with?).

Every other stadium, the fans would compete with each other. Even at PacBell park the Dodger fans were taunting the Giant fans and the Giant fans would taunt back (In Dodger stadium, they would just fight :p).

The affordability is a joke. They only look at the average price. The reason why the mean price at Dodger stadium is so high is due to the high priced field level 1st class box seats. Take that out (which few teams have) and the mean price drops significantly. There is no cheaper ticket in town than Dodger stadiums top deck and left field bleachers ($8/ticket).

Last edited:
That doesn't surprise me. We went to a White Sox and Angels game earlier this year. There was about 20 of us and most of us were wasted beyond belief. I had on my Dodger stuff and a buddy of mine had on his ChiSox stuff. We were taunting the Angels fans (in the outfield seats mind you) and they had nothing to say back. Every time a Sox hit a HR or scored we would rub it in. The Angel fans ignored us. One eventually turned around and said, "Can you please be quiet, we are trying to enjoy the game." I have never seen anything like this before. We were at a friggen game. I have been to Dodger stadium, PacBell/ATT Park, Petco, and Coors Field, and I have never seen such a passive group of fans in my life as those in Angels stadium.

As I was walking out, one fan turned and said, "2 out of 3", refering to when the Angels took 2 out of 3 from the Dodgers in LA (this was before the Dodgers took 2 of 3 in Aneheim). I simply said, "Best record in baseball". He replied with, "I knew I should not have said anything. I knew you were going to say that". "That was all you got", I replied back. You could have said something about Manny or LA; but you just give up that easily?" He said he didn't want to argue, he just wanted to enjoy the game. (Then why bring it up to begin with?).

Every other stadium, the fans would compete with each other. Even at PacBell park the Dodger fans were taunting the Giant fans and the Giant fans would taunt back (In Dodger stadium, they would just fight :p).

Well based on this small sample, I rate Dodger fans as the most obnoxious, and Angel fans a fine group of human beings...

Sandra

Well based on this small sample, I rate Dodger fans as the most obnoxious, and Angel fans a fine group of human beings...

Sandra
I would agree (although Sox fans can be worse). It is a sporting event for Gods sake. Competition and taunting is part of the game.

There is nothing more exciting than going to ATT park and taunting the Giant fans when the Dodgers are kicking their butts.

I am sure the same is true for Giant fans when it is the other way around (I know it is true). I used to live in NoCal and their sports talk spent more time bashing LA than prasing the bay area teams. When they chant "Beat LA" it annoys the heck out of me...And I realize, that is why they do it.

Go to a Sox and Yanks game and see the "friendly" competition between the fans.

I am sorry, but Anaheim lacks this atmosphere (which is why they use minor league ball park tricks to keep the fans entertained).

Keep in mind, I am talking about friendly taunting and cheering. When fans chant that the other team sucks or they start throwing stuff at each other, then that is taken way to far.

I would agree (although Sox fans can be worse). It is a sporting event for Gods sake. Competition and taunting is part of the game.

It must be wonderful to spend hundreds of dollars to bring your kids to a game, so they can hear a bunch of 'wasted beyond belief' people sitting behind them taunting their team. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Go to a Sox and Yanks game and see the "friendly" competition between the fans.

Better yet, why don't you and your buddies come to the Stadium and taunt some Yankee fans? ;)

I am sorry, but Anaheim lacks this atmosphere (which is why they use minor league ball park tricks to keep the fans entertained).

Um...you just sound jealous of the other franchise.

Sandra

I find it ironic that the one criticizing taunting fans is the one poster in the sports forum that taunts other posters more than anyone else.
It must be wonderful to spend hundreds of dollars to bring your kids to a game, so they can hear a bunch of 'wasted beyond belief' people sitting behind them taunting their team. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Then don't sit in the bleachers. They don't get referred to a bleacher bums for no reason.

Again, it is part of the game. I am not talking about profanity or violence. I am talking about standing up and letting everyone around you know that your team is winning and there team is losing. When the situation is reversed, they do the same and I would expect it.

Beside, the ushers know when it goes too far. Trust me, the only thing my buddy was doing was letting every Angels fan know when his Sox scored. They could and should have done the same when the Angels scored. Instead, they sat there using their iPhones and drinking their coffee (seriously)

Also, like the example I used when the Angel fan said, "2 out of 3", if you having no comeback, then don't start it yourself.
Better yet, why don't you and your buddies come to the Stadium and taunt some Yankee fans? ;)
Sox fans do it all of the time. One of the most exciting games I have seen was a few years back when the Yanks came here to play the Dodgers in IL play. Friendly fan competition and taunting going back and forth.
Um...you just sound jealous of the other franchise.

Sandra
Yeah...That's it??? :rolleyes:

One of the most exciting games I have seen was a few years back when the Yanks came here to play the Dodgers in IL play. Friendly fan competition and taunting going back and forth.

I'm not talking about Dodger fans taunting LA Yankee fans when you have them outnumbered. I'm talking about you sitting in the bleachers at the Stadium, wasted beyond belief, taunting Yankee fans.

Trust me, not a good idea. ;) :rolleyes:

Sandra

I'm not talking about Dodger fans taunting LA Yankee fans when you have them outnumbered. I'm talking about you sitting in the bleachers at the Stadium, wasted beyond belief, taunting Yankee fans.

Trust me, not a good idea. ;) :rolleyes:

Sandra
I know...Do you also realize you are sort of proving my point? I watch Sox fans attempt this in Yankee stadium and Yankee fans do the same at Fenway. Their fans do not sit passively and take it like the Angel fans do.

This is not a criticism of the Angel fans. I am only supporting what the author of the article wrote by giving an example of my own anecdotal experience. They, like Cardinal fans, are a different type of baseball fan and the atmosphere is much different than that I have seen at any other ballpark.

When it comes to raising a family, I would pick OC over LA county any day. When it comes to going to a game, LA is much more exciting.

Philly fans have their own reputation as well. Heck, they spend more time booing their own players than they do the players of the other team. :D

I know...Do you also realize you are sort of proving my point? I watch Sox fans attempt this in Yankee stadium and Yankee fans do the same at Fenway. Their fans do not sit passively and take it like the Angel fans do.

Red Sox fans and Yankee fans have a special relationship that would be impossible to understand from 3,000 miles away. They love to go at it, but there is total respect on both sides. The Dodgers come to the Stadium once every six years (although we'd love to see you in October! :D), so the respect for the fans is not there.

Actually, for the most part, the Dodger fans are not there either!

Sandra

Red Sox fans and Yankee fans have a special relationship that would be impossible to understand from 3,000 miles away. They love to go at it, but there is total respect on both sides.

Sandra

I know this first hand. I have close friends and family members that are Yankees fans (long story :D), and we enjoy ribbing each other, BUT there is mutual respect on both sides.

Unfortunately FOR ME, I didn't have a lot of comeback ammunition until about five years ago. :eek:

Don't be so quick there, Dodgerking... You gotta go there when Seattle is in town and the guys behind Seattle's dugout are taunting Ichiro or when your Dodgers are in town and the chant fests begin. There's a ton of banter back and forth, then ( the fun kind). When Boston is around people are just on edge and fights are likely in the cheap seats. When certain former Angels with big heads and bad attitudes show up, we put down our lattes long enough to throw stuff at them. On 80's retro night some chump got up and started taunting angel fans and got about 30 minutes worth of pizza boxes and beer bottles chucked at his head out by the right field pole. He finally stood up, turned around and put his hands out to welcome the barrage.. We just don't give a damn about the White Sox.

That doesn't surprise me. We went to a White Sox and Angels game earlier this year. There was about 20 of us and most of us were wasted beyond belief....
That is one thing I've never understood. Enjoying a few adult beverages (or whatever ;)), sure, but why someone would spend good money to attend a sporting event, concert, etc. and be "wasted beyond belief" during it is a mystery to me.

They said the Kansas City Royals fans are happy with their ticket prices. That is the only thing in Kansas City they can be happy with.

That is one thing I've never understood. Enjoying a few adult beverages (or whatever ;)), sure, but why someone would spend good money to attend a sporting event, concert, etc. and be "wasted beyond belief" during it is a mystery to me.

Then they proceed to tell us exactly what happened and who said what, even though they were wasted beyond belief... :rolleyes:

Sandra

Some good (and a little bad) natured taunting is fine at football games. When you do it at a Baseball game, you just look like a jackass because there's so many kids around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)