The Dish Tea Party Thread!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Im mad so its time we have us a good ole fashioned TEA PARTY!

Im more than mad IM redder than red! :mad: Why is there such anger against dish, well its because they are not listening, and if they are they are not acting fast enough to fix their problems. Charlie is so asleep at the wheel!

Things Im POed about,

1. Fee increases & fees that are out there. The average cable channel costs about 20 cents per sub give or take. The way dish has carried out the fee increases the past year is unacceptable by upping the equipment fees to maximize their profit, and keeps me from having multidvr's on my account. 15 bucks PER BOX to return your Equipment!, NO DVR fees went away for AEP costumers, DVR activation fees in order to use an external Hard drive, ect. What's next is dish going to charge you a channel changing fee when you want to enable you to switch channels?

2. Programming: HDRSN's (we all know the story behind this one) Not in full time & missing games! What no sprout? No additions of programming that matters? NO QVC in HD! Yea i went there for those of you who want that! No MLB! NO ESPNUHD, No AMCHD! Then you say your gonna launch some this week and you cant even keep promises to customers.

3. Overseas reps, Why not hire American? and help out the local economy!

4. The treatment of installers and retailers! dude these guys service me and if you treat them like crap, guess what they pass it on to the customer! Its sad when I couldnt get installed without an installer going to the hospital because they weren't trained right, and on a Trouble Call, the installer couldn't accurately point my Eastern Arch dish because they didn't have the proper signal meter. Once again, I have to do it myself to get it done right!

5. Chinese made parts, Do I really have to deal with signal dropouts because the temperature drops below 32 degrees?

6. The Lack of balls at corporate Echostar / Dish Network. Charlie hires lemmings who doesn't get the job done right. (minus scott) Why is it no one can get the job done with MLB or even Rainbow. Screw lawsuits still negotiate in good faith for the sake of the customers! After all, your clients is what keeps you in business! When Directv fires a to tell the truth bombshells, how does dish respond? With one ad that points out D* is spending millions to keep you from comparing! COME ON DISH, PEOPLE ARE COMPARING AND D* IS GETTING BETTER W/ Their new announcements. I betcha one thing they launch on time as they put in their press releases. Dude you land a bombshell on directv, they throw a nuke at you, and you come back with a knife! WTF? Your suppost to throw a nuke and then some more. Forget lawsutes, You hit them where it hurts and improve your programming weak spots like HDRSN's so they cant hit you below the bowel. Then you offer it cheaper and do it better. Word gets out, and customers flock to you! Wich makes profits bigger. Its a simple and obvious formula but you all like to do things bassawkwards!

7. Dish's we know we got you by the groin attitude.. Yea you know you got me, with my multidvr's, a 2 year contract and because of that thats going to give us free reign on raising prices, ridiculous fees, Not adding channels people want, and give a rats you know what about the consumer as long as your lining dish's pockets. OH were going to tell you what you want to hear, but were not going to do it! Because you'll believe us and it will hold you out for a few more months! That'll get us richer! Hold the carrot out!

Come on DISH lets improve this stuff and beat directv, you know the goal that you have NEVER EVER been able to accomplish. Gee I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Im more than mad IM redder than red! :mad: Why is there such anger against dish, well its because they are not listening, and if they are they are not acting fast enough to fix their problems. Charlie is so asleep at the wheel!

Things Im POed about,

1. Fee increases & fees that are out there. The average cable channel costs about 20 cents per sub give or take. The way dish has carried out the fee increases the past year is unacceptable by upping the equipment fees to maximize their profit, and keeps me from having multidvr's on my account. 15 bucks PER BOX to return your Equipment!, NO DVR fees went away for AEP costumers, DVR activation fees in order to use an external Hard drive, ect. What's next is dish going to charge you a channel changing fee when you want to enable you to switch channels?

2. Programming: HDRSN's (we all know the story behind this one) Not in full time & missing games! What no sprout? No additions of programming that matters? NO QVC in HD! Yea i went there for those of you who want that! No MLB! NO ESPNUHD, No AMCHD! Then you say your gonna launch some this week and you cant even keep promises to customers.

7. Dish's we know we got you by the groin attitude.. Yea you know you got me, with my multidvr's, a 2 year contract and because of that thats going to give us free reign on raising prices, ridiculous fees, Not adding channels people want, and give a rats you know what about the consumer as long as your lining dish's pockets. OH were going to tell you what you want to hear, but were not going to do it! Because you'll believe us and it will hold you out for a few more months! That'll get us richer! Hold the carrot out!

Come on DISH lets improve this stuff and beat directv, you know the goal that you have NEVER EVER been able to accomplish. Gee I wonder why? :rolleyes:

I left to go back with Direct and I for the most part have good feelings about Dish, it does make me scratch my Head though when you have a great Selection of HD national channels but cant have RSN's not in full time HD (even when your team in playing in HD) and all those fees here and there. I am finding it very funny that when I return my boxes I am paying 15.00 for each box, kind of summs it up why Dish seems to take a step foward and two steps back-I see you had a note about MLB, the MLB channel is a great one!

You need to look closely at the effects of the fee increases. While the fees seem astronomical compared to DIRECTV, know that the average DIRECTV subscriber is paying well over $85/month for service.

To suggest that DIRECTV or cable are doing anything differently is folly.

You need to stop the hysteria and grow up!!! Dish does not listen to somebody ranting on a message board!! They only respond when they lose customers

You need to look closely at the effects of the fee increases. While the fees seem astronomical compared to DIRECTV, know that the average DIRECTV subscriber is paying well over $85/month for service.

I consider myself an average dish sub. I have the 200 pack with silver HD. 1. 722 box (DVR, dual tuner), and 1. 222k box, which is a dual HD tuner, and my bill is over $85 per month. That's pretty steep for no movie channels, sports packs, and not even all of regular channels. Dish was cheaper than cable when I signed up 15 months ago, but now (with all of dish's extra fee's) I can actually get more bang for my buck with cable. (Even after the year of intro price)
I think I will be going back to cable at the end of my contract, unless dish is willing to cut me some type of deal. I would really like to trade in my 222k, for two 211's. I was talked into the 222 because it was cheaper, but now that they changed that:rant:the 211's with the EHD would suit me much better.
Another thing to be pissed about is Charlie saying that EHD is coming for the 222k, but when you call dish, they say that it is not. What the hell? Your CEO doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. :confused:

The average DISH Network subscriber doesn't have HD.

The average DISH Network subscriber doesn't have a DVR.

The average DISH Network subscriber probably has less than four TVs of service.

You're above average, jsq.

Things Im POed about,

4. The treatment of installers and retailers! dude these guys service me and if you treat them like crap, guess what they pass it on to the customer! Its sad when I couldnt get installed without an installer going to the hospital because they weren't trained right, and on a Trouble Call, the installer couldn't accurately point my Eastern Arch dish because they didn't have the proper signal meter. Once again, I have to do it myself to get it done right!

5. Chinese made parts, Do I really have to deal with signal dropouts because the temperature drops below 32 degrees?

6. The Lack of balls at corporate Echostar / Dish Network. Charlie hires lemmings who doesn't get the job done right. (minus scott) Why is it no one can get the job done with MLB or even Rainbow. Screw lawsuits still negotiate in good faith for the sake of the customers! After all, your clients is what keeps you in business! When Directv fires a to tell the truth bombshells, how does dish respond? With one ad that points out D* is spending millions to keep you from comparing! COME ON DISH, PEOPLE ARE COMPARING AND D* IS GETTING BETTER W/ Their new announcements. I betcha one thing they launch on time as they put in their press releases. Dude you land a bombshell on directv, they throw a nuke at you, and you come back with a knife! WTF? Your suppost to throw a nuke and then some more. Forget lawsutes, You hit them where it hurts and improve your programming weak spots like HDRSN's so they cant hit you below the bowel. Then you offer it cheaper and do it better. Word gets out, and customers flock to you! Wich makes profits bigger. Its a simple and obvious formula but you all like to do things bassawkwards!

...Charlie isn't nearly as hands off as you seem to think he is. Everything you outline above was intentional, not accidental. No apologies will be made, no substitutions accepted. Deal.

Let's not forget why the average is so high. Could it be because of the subs that pay for expensive packages not offered on Dish, thus moving the mean more to the right than it would normally be?

1. Fee increases & fees that are out there. The average cable channel costs about 20 cents per sub give or take.
thats the problem with averages. Take 10 channels that PAY to be on E* (shopping/religious) and throw ESPN in there at say $4 a sub and yep averages sow about a quarter per channel

The way dish has carried out the fee increases the past year is unacceptable by upping the equipment fees to maximize their profit, and keeps me from having multidvr's on my account. 15 bucks PER BOX to return your Equipment!, NO DVR fees went away for AEP costumers, DVR activation fees in order to use an external Hard drive, ect. What's next is dish going to charge you a channel changing fee when you want to enable you to switch channels?
These I agree with Bob on. Nah Charlie is going to change the remotes to start to only accept a new battery...the CE battery. It will be smaller than a AAA but bigger than the garage door opener battery, will have 1/2 the life of an average battery and will cost twice as much as the normal batteries

agree after my escapade Monday replacing a receiver for my dad

Dont understand that one. LNB's on my family's setups have all been there an average of 8 years here in MN and all worked fine

come to Directv then. Thats why its called COMPETITION :)

...Charlie isn't nearly as hands off as you seem to think he is. Everything you outline above was intentional, not accidental. No apologies will be made, no substitutions accepted. Deal.

Please tell us why Charlie talked about fulltime RSN hd on Charlie Chat even before Direct added them and not even a word since.

We dropped dish a while ago.. other than directvs dvr is slower than poo rolling up hill in antartica... it's been worth the switch.. signal rarely ever goes out (unlike dish).. directv doesn't throw out updates that f' up our dvr to the point of being useless until their next update.. which happened several times while I was a dish customer..

directv has their stuff in a row.. dish has theirs scattered all over and can't seem to figure out how to lien them up..

We dropped dish a while ago.. other than directvs dvr is slower than poo rolling up hill in antartica... it's been worth the switch.. signal rarely ever goes out (unlike dish).. directv doesn't throw out updates that f' up our dvr to the point of being useless until their next update.. which happened several times while I was a dish customer..

directv has their stuff in a row.. dish has theirs scattered all over and can't seem to figure out how to lien them up..

What?? Every update I got from Directv completely screwed up my receivers. Actually had to do the CE ones to fix them. I have never gotten a update from Dish that messed anything up. The biggest difference is: Dish Cheaper & Dish a LOT more HD!

You need to stop the hysteria and grow up!!! Dish does not listen to somebody ranting on a message board!! They only respond when they lose customers

Yep, but if they would listen to the message boards first as a gauge of how they are doing they could prevent the losses they have! Operating a TV company is not rocket science (sort of) :)

Remember it only took one person to start the revolutionary war against the king back in the 1887. That one person turned it into a movement, wich turned into war, wich turned us into our nation.

No taxation without representation! Well, its sorta the same here just on a different level!

The average DISH Network subscriber doesn't have HD.

The average DISH Network subscriber doesn't have a DVR.

The average DISH Network subscriber probably has less than four TVs of service.

You're above average, jsq.

I dont agree with this. Yes, there are some out there that wont upgrade, but I would say most people are 1-2 HDtv house holds going on 3-5 tv's by now. Especially after how much plasma's / LCD's have dropped. A non 3d 38 inchish goes for about 500 bucks brand new. I know of people who have 4 + tv's. When I was installing, most people were doing 4+ tvs and it wasn't uncommon to put in a 322 and a 622 back then. (06)

Please tell us why Charlie talked about fulltime RSN hd on Charlie Chat even before Direct added them and not even a word since.

AMEN!

You do know they have like 10 US call centers, right?

I do, and its not hard to separate them. Hell put one in Indiana, Michigan, and Illinois. You just put 3 call centers in the heart of unemployment central! Not only that, it stimulates the economy, and you can press release it, tout it that your doing your part (good PR) That will help bring customers to you. IF you can honestly say that your 100 percent and american company in today's age, thats going to bring alot of good PR your way! That will turn into money! Trust me! :)

What?? Every update I got from Directv completely screwed up my receivers.
havent had any issues with software upgrades on my DVR through D*

The biggest difference is: Dish Cheaper & Dish a LOT more HD!

actually for me D* was cheaper and it had 1 channel I wanted (MLB Net) and 2 options available (MLB EI & NFL ST)....I know it ain't QVC :rolleyes:

I couldn't be happier with my service. HD Absolute w/ HD locals + OTA, with the 722's TV1 and TV2 piped into the cable distribution throughout the house.

I was with D* for nine years. I was generally happy with the service but I didn't care for the constant rate increases. I dropped it about a year ago when the economy tanked.

About two months ago I signed up with E* on the DHA24 plan. I got $15 month discount for 12 months and 90 day HBO/Showtime plus DHPP for 6 months free. I have a VIP722K and the Top250 package with Platinum HD. So far I like the service. I really like the VIP722K and the dvr blows away D* dvr. It is a fine piece of equipment. I am a hockey fan and will manage my package by upgrading to get channels I need during the hockey season and playoffs. I will downgrade the package during the summer when we are not watching much tv.

So, we will see how it goes for the next 20 months or so. If I am satisfied, I will stay with E*. If not, I will go back to D*. Competition is a wonderful thing IMHO! :)

Ed

Remember it only took one person to start the revolutionary war against the king back in the 1887. That one person turned it into a movement, wich turned into war, wich turned us into our nation.
LOL, which nation is that?

If you're referring to the United States, that was about a hundred years earlier and there were quite a bit more than one that was perturbed at ol' king George, it was the combined effort of 13 independent colonies that did it.

I have the Dish everything pack plus sport package which I may drop why NO HD CHARLIE THE NUT!! I believe that in five years Dish will not be around why---the internet. I have broadband speed of 50mb down and 12 mb up. Net results internet tv looks almost as good as dish. Most cable networks are investing in equipment that will accommodate higher internet speed because they believe that is were the future of TV will be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)