The Dish Tea Party Thread!

This is one of the lamest Bitc* threads I've ever read. Especially the part about b-in about where the electronic components are made. China makes all that stuff for all companies. Then the other place that makes them are in S. Korea , & Taiwan. So get over that.

OMG, I can't believe one red-n*** malcontent can spur this much CRAP! Oh, I forgot...that's what Tea Party folks do.

We are complaining because we have more options with more choices than any other country and any other time in our history. Seriously, there are better things to complain about.

doesnt europe have many channels for FREE? then europens pick and choose a variety of premium channels from a variety of providers

So you want Dish to only use American parts (more expenseive) and American call centers (more expensive) but somehow cut customer costs. So basically you want higher costs for the company with less revenues. This is everything that the shareholder of Dish would be against (side note, I own no stock in dish). The CEO of a company reports to the board of directors, which in turn reports to the company's shareholders. If Charlie took your suggestions he should be fired.

I do want dish to have american call centers, after all who can better expain the product? Some employee who has Dish Network in their own home or can have access to it, or a bunch of over seas reps that have no idea what channels dish has or doesnt even know what they system is, IE: Script readers.

As far as the parts, They need to be better made. Honestly I could care less where they are made as long as the quality is good. If you have ever been to a CES and seen the chinese made parts or the parts that come out of asia, they are extremely cheap, and flimsy. Not built to last and literally fall apart in your hand. If you don't get a rash from it because god know's whats in the material that it was made from.

Could not have said it better myself.

We are complaining because we have more options with more choices than any other country and any other time in our history. Seriously, there are better things to complain about.

Bob, if Dish is this bad, then why do you continue to support them with your money? You do have other choices.

Simple, They have me hooked via hardware and contract, but that's not the real reason. I simply believe in dish. I know that dish can be alot better than what they are or appear to be. Its disappointing when you know that dish could be the number one satellite company out there but its all of the political games, as well as upper management that keeps it from being number one. Yea sure anyone can play arm chair quarterback, but the difference between me and an armchair qb is that I know if I was given the shot as CEO, that I can make good on the things I say and I know under my direction that dish would be the number one satellite company within 3 years. In-fact if it didn't happen, I would forfeit my entire pay beyond a living wage of 45,000 (the family has to be taken care of) until it did happen.

Believe you and me, If I could get my ass off this chair and run things directly from Charlie's seat, I would be there and then some more. The only thing thats stopping me from doing it myself and launching a competitive service, is a few hundred million dollars. Once I got there, I would simply do it better than everyone for the same price or cheaper.

Most people do not have access to those kinds of speeds. Best I can get here is 1.2 mbps down, .2 mbps up. Don't see that changing anytime soon. Granted I'm in the sticks, but even bigger market areas than this can't get those speeds.

I second that. In Louisville, KY, I'm have 10mb for $48, but I could upgrade to 20mb. Not sure of the price.
Ghpr13:)

Comparing a company's failure to provide some tv channels or having outsourced customer service with a political revolution that was about infringements of the people's rights under the English Constitution is laughable.

Can people protest against a business? Sure, with your wallet. Don't give the company your money.

Could not have said it better myself.

Bob, if Dish is this bad, then why do you continue to support them with your money? You do have other choices.

No offense, but I think we need to lighten up a little on the OP for bringing the American Revolution into the thread...IMO, he was just trying to stimulate the forum into discussing what actions subscribers could take to get Dish to listen & change. I do agree that the best way is to get them to listen is with your wallet, but this forum is to discuss different views and problems with our providers. So even though there might be "better things to complain about", this forum, and specially this thread, is the very place the complaints should be discussed.

If Direct subscriber have HD and DVRs. Why do you think that Dish subs do not. DIRECTV: Profit Up Despite Falling Sub Growth

DIRECTV said yesterday in a conference call with Wall Street analysts that 60 percent of its subscribers now get HD and/or DVR service, a higher penetration rate than any other TV provider.

That's an easy one because D* is putting the gun to their potential subscriber's heads with their $29. a month for a year and their free HDDVR and HD receiver upgrade.Sorry D* after 10+ letters you sent me I'm not coming back.:p

First D* gets rid of their best SDDVR the R22,then they make it so if you ever want to add HD to the R22 you need another HDDVR! pretty slick huh? Too bad I already got their number on that one.They left their SD subscribers with an POS NDS DVR(R15&R16) no first air date or doubleplay!:rant:

So as an D* SD subscriber I returned to Dish now get The Hallmark Movie Channel which D* does not have and a total of 39 Premium Movie Channels in SD compared to 31 SD Premium Movie Channels with DirecTV.

Then there's Dish's 625 (imagine 2-120 minute live buffers.:D) this in my opinion is the best DVR on the market for the features I need in a DVR.
So as an SD subscriber it would seem that Dish is the place to be for more SD programming and Dish is the place for me.:D

What package do I have? America's Everything package the cheapest SD everything package.:)

No offense, but I think we need to lighten up a little on the OP for bringing the American Revolution into the thread...IMO, he was just trying to stimulate the forum into discussing what actions subscribers could take to get Dish to listen & change. I do agree that the best way is to get them to listen is with your wallet, but this forum is to discuss different views and problems with our providers. So even though there might be "better things to complain about", this forum, and specially this thread, is the very place the complaints should be discussed.

Thankyou! :) BTW lets add the adds associated with the new software update in the guide. No I dont want your crummy VOD, because I can get it on Apple TV, Netflix, or Xbox 360 for a lot cheaper..

There is a tendency here to use thread titles that are hyperbolic. After awhile it grates on people and when it is so far from the truth (look at the date cited for the American revolution) and the OP insists it is still accurate---it is hard to argue that the OP is being picked on.

There is a tendency here to use thread titles that are hyperbolic. After awhile it grates on people and when it is so far from the truth (look at the date cited for the American revolution) and the OP insists it is still accurate---it is hard to argue that the OP is being picked on.

Where do I insist that its accurate? Stop stuffing words that isnt there, in fact if you would do something as basic as read, you can read in post number 29 on page 3 where I said ok ok you guys got me! That means, I F'ed up on the date and you got me on the wrong date! I even mentioned that the army's birthdate was in 1775 and I should have known better as the army is as old as this country!

Who cares if it gets on people, I dont, and I certainly am not going to stop. Does Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck stop because the left says no! If it gets on you that much do something about it and help the cause by getting dish to fix the issues at hand.

Maybe I should make fun of your reading disability because you obviously cant read! Just like I cant spell! :D but Who Cares! I don't, I just want dish to fix the things that are wrong, and improve in areas they can improve in! How hard is it for people to ask that?

True enough that you don't need to care if we are upset. In fact if I implied that you have to stop because I disagree I apologize for that because you do not have to.

But I don't think that I ever said that though. What i said was that another poster said we should not criticize you so much and that i feel that when you made these comparisons you put yourself out there-----as we all do when we post-----and that we have as much right to say we we think you are wrong as you do to post this.

I honestly think that you wanted to stirthe pot a little. that is not necessarily wrong but you have to accpt that you may hear that some of us disagree with you.