The Dish verses the town or city

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Im new to FTA and for now i just have a 36" dish for the ku band.In the future i would like to get a 6 to 8 ft dish for the c band and was wondering if my town would make a big stink about it.How about where you live? Any problems with the town or city?

unless you live in an area that has a home owners association then you're OK. (or if your house is a historic area etc)

The town should not have any issues and I havent heard of a town having issues other than if the house is in a historical area

Be aware that many municipalities have code enforcement departments that are out of control and don't care about the legal rights of homeowners. I live in such a municipality. Code enforcement here acts like a homeowners association, trespasses, and pretty much does as they please unless people put up an expensive legal fight. They haven't tried anything with my dishes yet, but I certainly don't put it past them. Bottom line is that it really depends on where you live.

Your city may have an ordinance on the books for BUDs -- mine did. Dust it off, see what it says. Ours says they can't go in the front yard, must be 10 feet from neighboring properties, and need their cables in buried conduit.

I do note, quizzically, all the boats and motorhomes people have tucked next to the sides of their homes. And then there is that mass pestilence, the basketball backboard. I've never seen anyone shooting hoops in my city, but people put basketball equipment in their front yards all over the place, maybe in an attempt to keep up with the Birds or Chamberlains. Just saying, the fear and loathing of satellite dishes appears to have little to do with satellite dishes.

In my town you can't put up a dish on a pole higher than the distance to the nearest property line.

Here you need a permit to set a pole. A fence or bush barrier must be on the street side of the dish no less than half the height of the total height of the dish. Limit one dish over the size of 36".

My 8' is on a temp mount behind my enclosed deck. I'm really bad at measuring, so my P* 84e doesn't count. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)