The end of Glenn

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
I know no one here likes to speak about him, but if he is doing wrong we must put a stop to him. I read on fridge about what he has been doing and how can someone lie so much. It is very hurtful to cband and fta to have him around spreading false lies about new receivers and the good word as he calls it. I've tried to believe him but my belief is if what he says is true he wouldn't have to bring down every fta site out there. I contacted PayPal about cband forever and it's time we end the nonsense. I love cband and the lies have to end

I have only told you my honest feelings on him and how I felt it was a scam. I have always told people to not take my word for it and do their own research on him, and as many of you have seen I was correct with my feelings.

The funniest thing about the entire thing was he was mad at me because I wouldn't let him advertise his product here for free. He thought he should be allowed to promote it here because he was on a mission to save 4dtv.

It wasn't til after I gave him the boot that I found out what was really going on and how the Mapmaster program wasn't his and he was making all kinds of $$$ of the hard work of others who didn't get one red cent.

I got all kinds of copies of emails between the parties and Glenn basically told them too bad for them and that he needed the money to eat.

The other accusations of him using the same keys many boxes is true or not. Or if the reports of him stealing people's receivers is true. I can only report what I have seen him do with my own eyes.

There is a reason he is banned from every real free to air forum. You got to ask yourself would you trust him?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You were right Scott and I'm sorry if I ever doubted you. He just paints such a bright picture, he makes you wanna believe. It's a shame that what he says will never come true. I never sent him my receiver mainly cause I thought almost 300 dollars was asking alot just for maps. He is misusing PayPal and needs a wake up call. I don't have a problem if he wants to sell receivers and charge for mapping just be real about it. Don't lie on others that is a major peeve of mine that I don't like liers. Fta is supposed to be fun not start a war with everyone just to make yourself a buck. This has to stop

Oh he knows wants people to think he is allied with mike kohl. I'd love to hear his take on this. Also bashing the micro hd. It's one of the best fta receivers out there with a future beyond your initial money.

Again not trying to start a war here just want to let people know I'm not gonna let him destroy my hobby.

I have seen the real people working behind the scenes to get a new receiver up and running but it doesn't include him in any way so I don't know what he means on his site about him working on a receiver. Lol

Again thanks to you Scott and Rick and others who try to do there best to keep our little hobby alive. Let 2013 be great

BTW I would like to say a few more things. I have no ill will against the Fridge site, I dont visit there often I think I have only been there two or 3 times a year. The only FTA sites I view are here (duh.. there is no place like home) and Ricks. Most of the time it is hard for me to view the Fridge site as it is blocked at work as an adult site. (I don't know why its listed as an adult site.)

Second I don't push an agenda here. I push the microHD box because its a great receiver, not because the maker of it is a sponsor. When I microHD came out I was even honest and gave it a not so good review because of the issues I was having. But then those issues were quickly fixed and it turned into an amazing box. Other boxes I said were good were the Manhattan and the AZbox Elite. Neither box has ever been sold by a SatelliteGuys sponsor and I have never asked for one red cent from either company I promoted them because in my opinion they were the best boxes at the time. In fact I will even go so far as saying I purchased by AZbox from Ricks and my Manhattan from Skyvision. If I were doing it for the money they do you think that I would have been praising boxes that were not sponsors? I should note that Azbox Canada has approached me a few times to become a sponsor but I have declined mainly for the reason that I make more money and have less headaches from the syndicated ads.

If I see a box getting talked a lot here at SatelliteGuys, I have no problem at all making a dedicated forum for them like we have in the past for the Azbox and Manhattan. Again that was done by me with no money changing hands with anyone. If I do go to other FTA forums I notice one thing and that is they trash other receivers which they don't sell. How is that fair to anyone?

Finally any opinion I give is just that, my opinion. I do not let money, sponsors or anyone else tell me what I can and can not say. When I give my opinion it is my true honest feelings. I know that sometimes I say some stupid stuff, but at least I am man enough to admit these were my feelings at the time.

I think this way of doing things is another reason why we are America's Most Popular FTA forum. But in some regards it is this honesty that has others hating us so much.

For me I cant wait to see whats next as this technology keeps getting better all the time.

Is he did he???

All this began when Glen decided he wanted to keep the map restoration out of the hands of the 4DTV community.

This was even promoted right here in this forum....
You can see for yourself here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/262622-New-Map-Master-Info?p=2603131#post2603131

He did not create the program, that was the sole responsibility of one person (the programmer) who did it with the understanding it would be free for everyone.

When Glen first started out making money off of people to remap the receivers there was only the programmer and myself left in the project.
We did not object to him doing this and then people started to complain about him keeping their receivers for months and others claimed he damaged their receivers which Glen said was done by the shipping companies.
When the programmer told me he felt it was time to release the program to the people I agreed and Glen went ballistic. Crying how we were destroying his business.

Once people had the tools to do the process themselves it was found that Glen had created one nvram for different time zones from my receivers he had changed out the batteries on. He was never told he was allowed to keep copies of that for others. It was from my receivers. It places certain keys into the receiver it goes into from the nvram it was created from.... In this case it was my own so I had to speak up.
This can cause untold consequences and compromises the receiver.
Instead of remapping the receivers from each individual receiver he got in there he was just throwing in the same bin (nvram) into each receiver. Again this was not the sign of an honest businessman nor an ethical one.

He admitted to doing this in an email and refused to stop.

His bashing of everyone else is a sad attempt to lash out against those who know that he is dishonest and know the truth about him.

Because he could not have his way and keep a program out of the hands of the people who needed it.

He was furious at Rick for him not being able to promote his web site over there and wrote emails to Rick trying to bash me (I know since Rick who knows me asked me what was going on and sent me copies of those emails).

He also hated the fact that Scott banned him here and his 6,000 posts count went up in smoke here.
If you go over to Ricks site you will see a post called Beware of Glentech/4DTV online.
Look at when it started. It started before I ever spoke up to warn others about him and only after I had seen the info here myself and checked it out.

Now I see he has changed the name of his so called business to CBF
C Band Forever, as the google bots had damaged his business so much since people knew the truth whenever they googled Glentech or 4DTV online.

As for the pay pal issue, ask yourself what legitimate business has you donate for services you are buying? Once again this is not only unethical but morally wrong. Not surprising from the individual who is doing it. He has no morals and his business practices are unethical. Maybe that is the reason he is so sick as he claims to be.

I take no joy in having to be the voice to open a Pandora's box here but would it be right to keep silent and allow unsuspecting people fall into his trap?
I have been in this hobby for a long time and those who know me know I will help others out but when it comes to being dishonest or crooked I sever the ties.

Scott has seen the police report I filed in Chicago against Glen for fraud.
I had to take this action against Glen since he refused to stop doing things dishonestly.
This was not to stop his business but only to stop him from the dishonest practices he was doing with my information from my receivers.

Anyone who used his services with that donate button should file a complaint with Pay Pal. I understand people do not want to make waves but then they are only perpetuating the fraud and dishonest practices.
Which is worse ?

Oh I almost forgot.... I had contacted pay pal a few months ago on this issue of the Donate pay pal button. They say it is not the way it should be done. He is not a
non-profit-organization so I had them combine all the accounts he set up with them so if he goes over the reporting amounts required by the IRS they will be sending him a 1099.

Now they can add C Band Forever to their grouping of accounts.

People can also contact the owner of the website he piggybacks on and maybe if that person received enough complaints he will finally refuse him to continue on using his site to promote his unethical practices.

I'm trying to figure out how the microHD got targeted for trashing by Dishman Dan and Tvropro. To my knowledge, they don't own one. I emailed both of them to ask them to give me feedback instead of ???

How did the microHD get mixed up in this BS? Don't even know these guys outside of this forum. Sad situation! Alienating everyone in the business surely isn't the fast road to success!

I had him pegged long before he was ever banned here! I own a GI 920 and was looking for the DIY software and could see early on where it was headed. THAT is the reason I never joined up on his board. Of course I couldn't have known how dishonest he would turn out to be but I did pick up some stuff in his posts that made me think something wasn't right.

Ennywho, it's good to know that he's changed his "business" name to CBF, C Band Forever so I'll know to stay away from that one as well.

Thanks for the info

Brian, the micro hd got brought up over there as he is gonna be selling receivers and he was basically trying to say he wouldn't sell that junk,lol. He is gonna be selling azbox and that's how rick's name got thrown in.

He may be. Knowing him he is gonna get them from Canada and say they have special software on them. Lol

He may be. Knowing him he is gonna get them from Canada and say they have special software on them. Lol

Since Rick is the only authorized AZBox seller in the US mr C Band Forever would either have to be getting clones or getting them in another dishonest way which could be fun to watch then as glen will be setting himself up for a court case on the matter.

I don't have a 4DTV but I looked into this stuff. Boy...This guy just needs to realize you can't go around screwing people.

What would he do if say, 100 users (or 1000) decided to screw him? Well, without starting a conspiracy what if a bunch of people sent him old C Band receivers and swore they sent nice 4DTV ones and then all filed complaints?

Now you can't do that, the cat is out of the bag. Shame on you guys. No, really. It is like the bully in school...he sets himself up to be ganged up on.

I do think the best thing to do is to link all his posts and information. If I found a deal on a 4DTV I just might have sent it to him.

Sounds like somebody in his home state that got ripped off should file criminal charges already. Is it possible he didn't do anybody in his own state, so he wouldn't have to worry about that?
By now, he should've been charged with something!

He banned me over there. I also noticed he had a legal disclaimer on the bottom of his site now. He was bashing receivers on eBay that has the "free" maps installed and said stay away from them. Lol. Although it wasn't tvrpro saying it, it was one of his many identity's. Glenn you need to worry, your lies are catching up with you

I see he also hid his forum
You must login to view our satellite forums

hmmm reminds me of someone else who did that....his forum only had the kool aid drinkers too (just his friends)

He banned me over there. I also noticed he had a legal disclaimer on the bottom of his site now. He was bashing receivers on eBay that has the "free" maps installed and said stay away from them. Lol. Although it wasn't tvrpro saying it, it was one of his many identity's. Glenn you need to worry, your lies are catching up with you

lol.... That is so funny!
Ban everyone who does not agree with him.
Guess that just leaves his 2 buddies over there with him now.

He still talks to himself and tries to cover it up with his outright mis-truths
Sad to think of the gullible people who fell for his lies.

What is nice is that the Map program is free to anyone who wants it and that was given freely from the person who created it. The programmer.

He just uses an older version of the program and at that he has compromised peoples receivers by placing other peoples bins into all the receivers he does there.

Now if those who have used the free program the programmer released jump in and tell if they had problems that would just put the nails in his coffin.

So far no one has come back to us and said they have had any problems so that must mean they are satisfied and are busy watching the FTA signals up there.

Too bad that those who had their receivers remapped by C Band Forever or any other name he is going by these days are not picking up the FTA showtime channels on AMC-10
(C4 on the 4d receiver) as he never even mapped in those channels for people.

He changed his web site name after the old name when googled also had the complaints against him by many who used his services. Now the new name C Band Forever is having the same thing happen once more.

Yeah he has hid the forum now. I don't think he realizes , WHO IS GONNA SEE THE SITE NOW, lol. He only had himself to talk to, now he has no hope. Tvropro now known as tvronopro.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts