The End Of The 922

2. Finding channels by NAME. This one was great and very useful and I've needed it a number of times since we got the Hopper. There are some channels--because I may not watch those but very rarely--for which I haven't a clue where located. Finding channels by name is a GREAT feature that is truly useful. But time marches on.

I use the standard search on my H2 to find channels. Press Search, enter WGN (for example), scroll down in search results and there it is.

I use the standard search on my H2 to find channels. Press Search, enter WGN (for example), scroll down in search results and there it is.
Well, thank you for the tip! You win the prize for the year. I did not know that. Thanks again. It works pretty well. I've found if one can provide at least two letters it's the desired result. Dish should promote this more.

Got a phone call today and they said they are basically shutting down all the 922 receivers at the end of April. (I assume they want them all back to be crushed and then dumped somewhere in the Nevada desert.)

They offered (in exchange for an owned 922 with OTA tuner) a rented Hopper w/Sling for free but it would cost $95 for a tech visit although I got that talked down to $50.

This is the main question here: I asked if the Hopper supports having a TV1/TV2 type arrangement (where TV2 can watch something else in standard definition, the "Home Distribution" ). She said yes. But there is no home distribution coax port on the back of a Hopper.

They also offered a 722 (I assume 722k). And then they'd have to include a Sling adapter thing for it to be equivalent.

I wonder if the 922 is being shut down because you can get unencrypted Sling video off it.

I'm considering just throwing all this equipment into a river and going OTA only with my TiVo Series 3 (that still gets updates unlike older Dish crap).

Dump it and go with Comcast, or whatever cable provider is in your area. Even OTA is preferable.

Well, thank you for the tip! You win the prize for the year. I did not know that. Thanks again. It works pretty well. I've found if one can provide at least two letters it's the desired result. Dish should promote this more.
They do show this feature in the Hopper 3 Insider video on channel 103 HD.

They are not getting rid of the 922 if they are charging for a truck roll

Smartest post in the whole thread.

I have no idea what kind of crack the phone people were smoking, or if maybe they were just trying to blow said smoke up my a$$, but my 922 is still working fine.

Even DIRT did not return my messages. DISH is still charging me, the receiver still works, so I will pay for now. The apartment complex is currently providing symmetric 100/100 internet for $40/mo (the 922's Slingbox is actually awesome on this internet); I have absolutely no desire to touch Comcast with a 10 foot pole at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts