The Fall Season is here - how do I record 3 shows at once?

I have a 722 DVR and although I'm not sure I will ever have to use the option, I've heard that by using the OTA antenna I can record three channels at once. Does anybody know how thats done? The manual left this part out.

MB:)

If you're asking how to record 3 local channels at the same time, get locals through dish and record 2 local programs using the satellites, and one using your OTA antenna.

You're limited to 2 channels off the satellites and one OTA.

You choose two satellite channels to record and one OTA channel record to all at the same time. Just remember you can't watch live TV at this time except for the channels that are being recorded or a previous DVR recording.

Let us know:

If you subscribe to locals thru Dish.

What three channels are you trying to record? Local stations/networks? Regular satellite channels?

Another option is to purchase the distant networks and superstations and record up to 6 different shows that come on in primetime at the exact same time. I've done it on a rare occasion . I list how I would do it tonight. This assumes you live in the Eastern time zone and are willing to record some shows in SD.

8pm ABC (your local one from SAT) Ugly Betty
8pm PBS (your local one from OTA) Austin CIty Limits
8pm MyNetworkTV (Your local one from SAT) The Tailor of Panama

9pm CW (KWGN Denver from SAT) Beauty and the Geek
11pm NBC (San Fran from SAT) My Name is Earl
11Pm CBS (San Fran from SAT) Survior China

That's nice if you qualify. There are not many areas where you can actually get all the distant networks any more. For example, the only one I qualify for is Fox, and no chance of waivers from my local affiliates, at least noone I know has been successful getting them.

I would kill to have the distant networks, I'm going to miss a bunch of TV this year without it.

Must be that "moving" that people refer to. With no address to "move" to though, would make it difficult... :)

Actually I use all the tuners I can get. Most shows require pads to avoid chopping the start/end. The 3rd tuner really helps here.

Note that with pads of less then 5 minutes, the 622 will remove the pad on back-2-back timers (even if multiple tuners are available). Seems like the pads need to be a minimum of 5 mins to be forced.

I wish there was an option to make all pads hard and get a conflict message if they can't be met.

I actually wish I could set the pad for 45 minutes and have it be removed for back to back recordings. On Sunday nights, I want to record new episodes of Cold Case and Shark on CBS. Often, the programming is delayed because of earlier sports overruns.

I want it so that if Cold Case is new and Shark is not, it will record Cold Case for 1 hr 45 min. If both are new, record Cold Case for 1 hr, then record Shark for 1 hr 45 min.

My only option at this point is to set up a manual timer, set it for 2 hrs 45 min to try and ensure I always get it all.

Of course, if I could "move" to somewhere where I could get distant networks, that wouldn't be a problem.

Another option...

I actually wish I could set the pad for 45 minutes and have it be removed for back to back recordings. On Sunday nights, I want to record new episodes of Cold Case and Shark on CBS. Often, the programming is delayed because of earlier sports overruns.

I want it so that if Cold Case is new and Shark is not, it will record Cold Case for 1 hr 45 min. If both are new, record Cold Case for 1 hr, then record Shark for 1 hr 45 min.

My only option at this point is to set up a manual timer, set it for 2 hrs 45 min to try and ensure I always get it all.

Of course, if I could "move" to somewhere where I could get distant networks, that wouldn't be a problem.

We have run into the same thing. Our resolution is that we record our local news after Shark and that way we usually get the full programs.

Geoff

hard to imagine finding 3 things on at the same time that a person would want to record!

With all the new network shows, and the new HD stuff (Discovery, et al), It happens regularly to me. Sometimes theres 4 or 5.

The good news is I have 6 satellite tuners and 3 OTA tuners with the 3 622's.

LER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts