The father of MLBs PED scandal say players are at it again...

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Conte was quoted in a USA Today article yesterday saying that at least 50% of the players are using more advance PEDs that could be out of your system within 10 hours. If this is true, a PED that you can rub on and out in less than a day....wow!

Just step up to the plate and then give blood. LOL. All umpires now have to be a certified phlebotomist. :D

Just step up to the plate and then give blood. LOL. All umpires now have to be a certified phlebotomist. :D

With the money they give these players... they want to play as long as possible. Can you blame them for NOT wanting to play longer?

I find it funny what the MLB offices response was ...but in reality, what can they say..."ah, Mr. Conte is right...."

There have been drug scandals in baseball since 1889 and i suspect there always will be. It is just a question of what is available in each era.

Veteran Stan Musial more than doubled his seasonal home run production one year and then stayed at that level for the next decade. Hmmm...

OF courde the year he hit 19 home runs he played with a string of illnesses and injuries including concurrent tonsilitis and appendicitis. The following year he hit 39. Yes quite an increase but there are certainly alternative explanations.

Easy way to fix this: Introduce a league wide player salary cap of $100,000 a year. Players are overpaid as it is.

Easy way to fix this: Introduce a league wide player salary cap of $100,000 a year. Players are overpaid as it is.

But can't you say that about every player in every professional sports league? And who is to say they are? I mean if you were the best Actor/Lawyer/Singer/investment banker in the world...would you deserve the most that the position can offer?

Neutron said:

Some of us don't even make that much. Make it $50k per year. These players are overpaid to play a game.

Median household income in the US for 2011 was $51,413 (not the same as the median for individuals but all i could find). The MLB minimum is now $480,000.000.Ye average is just over $3 mill a year. I am not in favor of a cap as low as $100 K or $50 K but they are doing well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)