The Flintstones are returning to broadcast TV thanks to MeTV (Yabba Dabba Doo!)

If they'd get the rights to The Jetsons and Top Cat to go along with The Flintstones and and air a prime time MeTV 1960s Hanna-Barbera block, I'll be a happy man! I loved watching these shows in reruns as a kid in the 1990s and 2000s, whether it was through broadcast syndication on local TV stations, or through cable TV networks such as TBS, TNT, USA Network's Cartoon Express, Cartoon Network or Boomerang. It's nice to see an old favorite back on broadcast TV where it started in the 1960s...

Flintstones were like the simosons...not really saturday morning fare....later spinoffs..yes
If they'd get the rights to The Jetsons and Top Cat to go along with The Flintstones and and air a prime time MeTV 1960s Hanna-Barbera block, I'll be a happy man! I loved watching these shows in reruns as a kid in the 1990s and 2000s, whether it was through broadcast syndication on local TV stations, or through cable TV networks such as TBS, TNT, USA Network's Cartoon Express, Cartoon Network or Boomerang. It's nice to see an old favorite back on broadcast TV where it started in the 1960s...

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

They're a page right out of history...and soon, they'll be a page right out of MeTV's history! The Flintstones will air on MeTV at exactly 59 years to the date of their original ABC television network premiere in 1960. :)

Last edited:
I never thought that the Flintstones would gather this big of a response. Nota knock on anyone. Just an observation that you never know what people will react to.

It usually varied by how equipped for color TV each local ABC affiliate was at the time...
The ABC owned and operated stations were probably the first ones to get full-color premieres of The Flintstones.

If their Wiki is believed, and I remember reading the passage a few times, KGO in San Francisco was the first ABC-owned station to air The Flintstones in color. As a whole, ABC's entire primetime lineup didn't start airing in color until the fall of 1966; NBC and CBS went full-color in primetime the previous year, if I'm not mistaken. The Jetsons (another Hanna-Barbera show celebrating its anniversary today, in fact) was also produced in color, and as mentioned, probably aired in color on a few of those ABC stations that color capabilities at the time.

Reactions: Justin Hill
It usually varied by how equipped for color TV each local ABC affiliate was at the time...
The ABC owned and operated stations were probably the first ones to get full-color premieres of The Flintstones.
The reason I asked was some shows started off in b/w and went to color later. Beverly Hillbillies is one example.

Sent from my cheap phone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)