The Free Music Channels on 119W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smata67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
Been awhile since I've tried to use this. I deleted all channels and rescanned using the "FREE" selection. I'm getting the free video channels and both the pay and free radio channel's listing are showing, the pay of course blocked, but have quality. The free are there (CD1, CD2, etc), but with no quality, therefore no reception. Are these now no longer accessible? Using a Coolsat 4000 pro.

I scanned in the last few weeks and I got one free radio station on 110 and one on 119, but only the one on 110 worked.

I don't think 119 is a true FTA satellite. You have to use a circular lnb. I only get a few barker channels, Nasa and a religious channel when doing a scan.

Its been a couple years since there was audio ITC on any of the E* sats....sorry...:(
True, relative to the music channels.
However interestingly, there are many video channels that have encrypted video, but FTA audio. Most wouldn't be of any interest, like who would want to listen to the audio from a movie, but I think I saw one of the HBO channels had free audio, and it might be interesting if there was a music show on or something.
Anyway, not what anyone is looking for, but there IS FTA audio on those sats.
:)

B.J., that's a good bit of info. I listen to several of the encrypted mpeg stations on other birds. Documentaries and sports work fine as audio only, and I can work on other things at the same time.

I'll have to take a closer look at 110/119. Thanks for the tip.

you can look at the PMT, so youd have to tune every single TP (most bev/dish sats have 32, some less)

but still alot faster then looking at every single 1000 channels.

I'm not sure what you would do with a STB, and it probably depends upon the STB with respect to whether you'd be able to play them without creating a manual channel.
With a PCI computer card, however it is much easier. I use TSREADER, and it has a window over on the right, which shows thumbprints of any FTA video AND audio.
IE:

aud-tmb.jpg

The PMT or program map table, is a PID, which lists the A/V PIDs for each program, along with some descriptive info. In the above, I've clicked on the PMT for program 475 at the left, and it shows the A/V PIDs at the upper middle. In the middle, it shows red bars for PIDs that are encrypted, and green bars for those that are FTA. On the right you see little spectrum thumbprints for fta audio streams (some were quiet at the time I captured).

Anyway, with TSREADER, it's easy to tune in a mux, and any fta audio shows up at the right, and if you have VLC installed, you just double click on any of the thumbprints, and it will play the audio.

I had noticed that Nimiq had almost all of the audio from it's HD channels FTA, but I never noticed that it was the AC3 channels that were FTA. In the above example, several of the channels had both MPEG and AC3, and the MPEG audio was encrypted, so that seems to be the case. Interesting.

BJ, thanks for the reply with the screenshot. Very interesting. I've been thinking my next receiver might be a computer card. One more reason to consider it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)