Status
Please reply by conversation.

DiscoLoveGrapes

Zero Transponder Founded
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 14, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
My motor was acting funny for the last few days -- randomly moving around the full arc before finally settling down on the right satellite. This morning it took a really, really long time finding the right spot. I finally restarted the box and it settled down.

Tonight it's just not moving at all. It's stuck on AMC21 (not a bad place to be stuck for a few days). I get a fine signal but nothing else. I replaced a few cables, since that's been a culprit before when I got a signal but no motor, but even pushing the little buttons on the motor isn't moving it.

Any theories? I have a SG2100 if it matters. There's a bit more cable buried in the walls, so I'd like to avoid replacing those if at all possible.

My first thing would do is bring the receiver and TV out to the dish with a short length of coax and hook it up there....that will tell you if its your cable run or not...

After that, I'd reset the whole thing, reload a new satellite list into the receiver, reset the motor, and begin again like its brand new, and see what happens. :)

Thanks for suggestions - I thought about bringing a short length of cable out there -- even in the cold Minnesota winter :)

I just reset the box three days ago to resolve another issue (The Fortec Ultra goes haywire if it tries to read a 4:2:2 signal or a choppy signal for too long), but I can do it again. Since even pushing the buttons on the motor isn't helping, I'm trying to remember if the motor itself had a reset button or not.

I don't know if this is relevant, but I just slaved a Coolsat 8100HD to it -- and have set zero satellite coordinates to it. I tried at first, but the two kept fighting each other. I might disconnect it to find out if there's a culprit there...

Thanks for suggestions - I thought about bringing a short length of cable out there -- even in the cold Minnesota winter :)

I just reset the box three days ago to resolve another issue (The Fortec Ultra goes haywire if it tries to read a 4:2:2 signal or a choppy signal for too long), but I can do it again. Since even pushing the buttons on the motor isn't helping, I'm trying to remember if the motor itself had a reset button or not.

I don't know if this is relevant, but I just slaved a Coolsat 8100HD to it -- and have set zero satellite coordinates to it. I tried at first, but the two kept fighting each other. I might disconnect it to find out if there's a culprit there...

One of our fellow Fortec users might have to chime in here, I am not sure how it works with a motor, but I had my Diamond and one of my Coolsats fighting for motor control...once I shut off the Diamond's motor control the Coolsat took over and everything is fine...but like I said, you'd have to ask one of the guys that use a Fortec....

As far as resetting the motor, there should be a hole underneath the light on the motor (if you have an old style motor) that you push with a stiff wire to reset the motor. I suggest running the motor if you can to your TS satellite before you reset it though...:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)