The Future of SatelliteGuys Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original app or reader app does not work with the new software?

Looks like the 10 thread limit is only for the New Posts button. If is dig down into the forums, the preferences are correct.

The original app or reader app does not work with the new software?
No and Yes.

The original app has been unsupported for almost 2 years.

The SatelliteGuys Reader app has been updated and is available in the Google Play Store now... however we are still waiting for Apple to approve and release our update for iPhones / iPads.

Both TapaTalk and ForumRunner work as well.

For those that can't get the 25/50 post per page preference to stick, have you tried deleting browser cookies/cache for SatGuys, it may be an old cookie from old vB causing the issue. Just a thought..

Working here on Google Chrome, however I deleted all old cookies when the new forum platform was up and running.

I think those having the issue are using the new posts feature... not going into a forum or thread.

The new posts feature (for some strange reason) does not support the settings. (The New Posts feature is new to this version of XenForo)

Multiview seems to ignore the post/page preferences as well. Cranked all mine to 50, and that works fine in the regular forums/threads, but Multiview still shows only 10 posts/page.

Ok now posts are showing 50 as they should.Still,when i select new posts 10 is all that will show.I set 50 for all 3 in preferences.
I think those having the issue are using the new posts feature... not going into a forum or thread.

The new posts feature (for some strange reason) does not support the settings. (The New Posts feature is new to this version of XenForo)

That explains that then lol Would really like the new posts to show more than 10 at time.Everything else is working pretty well,getting the hang of xenforo pretty fast.

That is not true that they are no longer updating vBulletin 4. They still update vBulletin 3.

They just recently issued a vBulletin 4.2.2 to patch a security problem.

There is no need to lie about vBulletin 4 no longer receiving updates.

That is not true that they are no longer updating vBulletin 4. They still update vBulletin 3.

They just recently issued a vBulletin 4.2.2 to patch a security problem.

There is no need to lie about vBulletin 4 no longer receiving updates.
Again you have no clue of what your talking about.

There is a security issue with the uploader. Their solution... turn off the upload feature.
The CK Editor does not properly work with newer versions of IE. Their solution, tell your users to use a different browser.
You can upgrade to the latest version of PHP because you get a bunch of error messages on screen. Their solution turn off error reporting in php. (Huh? then when you have a bigger problem how do you know?)

I could go on and on. Check out the forums at Admin-Talk or TheAdminZone for lots more issues like this.

Hell if your a legal vBulletin owner go check out the licensed vBulletin customer forum at vBulletin.com. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/licensed-customer-feedback

As I said the program is so bad they won't use the program themselves.

If your going to come here and just argue then please delete your bookmark to the site.

We knew the complaining would happen when the changeover occurred, but some seem to be taking Scott's decision to change, and other posters opinion of vBulletin a little personal.

For the most part, for the members, this looks similar enough. Yeah, there are differences, but I just do not see the big gripe here.

Reactions: Rey
There are problems and issues with all transitions like this. My "real" account is totally locked out to the point I can't even tell anyone I'm locked out!
< I need to upload the cuban flag here to complete the "mirror" universe me.

There are problems and issues with all transitions like this. My "real" account is totally locked out to the point I can't even tell anyone I'm locked out!
Send me a PM... I mean a conversation and I can check out what's going on with your other account. :)

Okay, all we need now is an overlay of a picture of the stars and a spinning newspaper so TOSTony and I can have an epic battle.
Alternative_warp.jpg

As one of the longest members here, I 100000% support Scott in this change, it's far more than being personal with VB, and I am pleasantly surprised how good it looks already in Dark Theme.

Reactions: HIFI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts