The Giants/ Red Soxs game is not in HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chrisb83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
WTF!!! It says on my guide the Giants/ Red Soxs game is in HD but its not there. Same with the A's / Pirates. This has happened 4 times this year I'm so sick of this BS with Dish. Lires!!! Show more VOD crap in HD but blow off the Bay Area sports again. Sorry had to vent. And FYI Direct TV and Comcast cable is showing it in HD as we speak.

Last edited:
RedSox not in HD

Just came on. A's and Giants in HD. Missed a third of the game in HD. Lame Dish, very lame.

Yes same here in new england wonder why this happen once in awhile says the game is in hd but not bradcasted by dish called my parents they have cox it was on theirs in hd

I read somewhere on a thread that it's because Dish does not have enough HD space and they have to wait till another HD event or show is over. Don't know if you noticed but both the A's and Giants HD feed was turned on at 2pm pacific on the dot. Not sure if that's true about the HD space but I can't get an answer from Dish to save my life. And it's lame. If I didn't have redwood trees blocking my direct tv signal I'd switch in a heart beat. Like I said I'm tired of the inconstancy with Dish.

welcome to the world of Dish and "JIP"ping....

They only have X amount of bandwidth for the HD RSN's so they get shuffled around. If the early games go long the teams on or playing on the west coast the games get JIP'd (joined in progress)

D* has room....Dish does not

welcome to the world of Dish and "JIP"ping....

They only have X amount of bandwidth for the HD RSN's so they get shuffled around. If the early games go long the teams on or playing on the west coast the games get JIP'd (joined in progress)

D* has room....Dish does not

And it sucks. I had my friends over for a BBQ and they where all over me about how lame Dish is. My nick name is SD as of now. I wish I could switch to Direct. Thanks for the clarification with Dish.

Last edited:
Couldn't DISH add the Rsns via the spotbeams for locals? Would that help in regards to bandwith or would it make it worse? Seems like DISH has more than enough satellites up there orbiting . Seems like they could do something to provide the rsns in hd ,especially since they could be done in 720p for sports.

Couldn't DISH add the Rsns via the spotbeams for locals? Would that help in regards to bandwith or would it make it worse? Seems like DISH has more than enough satellites up there orbiting . Seems like they could do something to provide the rsns in hd ,especially since they could be done in 720p for sports.

the only thing is spotbeams dont go as far as the coverage area

As example, FSN North covers Minnesota, North & South Dakota and Wisconsin....so they would have to uplink it to like 5 or 6 spotbeams

Now in a market where the spotbeams covers the whole area (say the NE) yeah then they might be able to get that to work. But some RSN's cover a big area.

Another example is Montana. I think most of the state gets FSN RM & Altitude from Colorado....so they would need to put it on that spotbeam, the ones for Wyoming, and Colorado

It would actually make it worse

Here was the answer I got from Dish.....Really? What a joke!

Thank you for your email, we appreciate your inquiry. Unfortunately, if a game is not showing in HD in the program guide, although you may see on the screen “Now broadcasting in HD”, then it is not being broadcast through Dish Network for contractual reasons. This is usually caused by a station charging more than normal for the broadcast rights for the game. In those cases, we do not purchase the rights, as we would have to raise our customer’s bills to do so. We do apologize for the inconvenience there. If it says HD in our guide the steps outlined below should resolve your issue.

1.) Confirm that the channel in question is subscribed to using dish.com/myaccount/myprogramming or dish.com/support/channels.

2.) Press GUIDE button twice to display "Favorites List Option". Press GUIDE button to rotate through selections.

3.) Press MENU, then "5-Locks", enter password, - if 8 shows "8-Unhide Locked Channels" or "8 - Show Locked Channels", select 8 to unhide or show the locked channels.

4.) Verify the receiver is being used at the address listed on your DISH Network account. Local channel visibility is based on the physical address on your account.

5.) Unplug your DISH receiver for 10 seconds and plug back in. It may take up to 5 minutes for the reset process to be completed.

If the following steps have not resolved your issue, please visit dishnetwork.com/chat to start a live chat with a technical service representative for additional assistance.

Thank you for your email.

Sincerely,

Hanh HS4

Dish Network Technical Support

Here was the answer I got from Dish.....Really? What a joke!

Thank you for your email, we appreciate your inquiry. Unfortunately, if a game is not showing in HD in the program guide, although you may see on the screen “Now broadcasting in HD”, then it is not being broadcast through Dish Network for contractual reasons. This is usually caused by a station charging more than normal for the broadcast rights for the game. In those cases, we do not purchase the rights, as we would have to raise our customer’s bills to do so.

So now Dish is paying by the game for HD broadcast rights?

I feel so insulted when CSR's feed me a line of BS and expect me to believe it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts