The Good Stuff about Sports

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
A lot of times on here or on other blogs and stuff we always talk about the negative stuff in sports. A lot of it should be talked about: Steroids, Lockouts, Corruption in College Sports, Greedy Athletes etc. But you know, there are still some good things about sports. In Baseball, it could be the smell of the grass, enjoying a game on a nice summer night. In Football, it could be tailgating or getting ready for your team to play on Saturday or Sunday. I could go on and on. What, in your opinion, are some of the good things about sports?

Watching a belligerent fan, that rudely accused you of sitting in his seat, walk off in embarrassment after finding out he was in the wrong section. That happened to my wife and I at an Indians game in Cleveland a couple of weeks ago.

Also eating a good stadium hotdog with mustard and onions. :)

Last edited:
To take this in a slightly different place, I have many nieces and nephews playing youth and high school sports at all levels. Go to a game, and take a look at the face of a kid who scores a goal, gets a hit, makes a save, makes a basket, etc. That's the good stuff about sports.

In July we were in Myrtle Beach at my nephew's AAU national basketball tournament. In the first elimination round they were playing a powerhouse team from Tennessee who had destroyed all in their path in the round robin...and were up around 20 points over our boys at the half. It was ugly.

When the comeback finally started, the entire gym got behind the 'white boys' the oddity in the whole tournament...and in the whole building. By the time they made it single digits, the few hundred people in the gym made it sound like Utah State. It was crazy.

When they incredibly pulled out the victory a whole bunch of people stormed the floor and were jumping all over our boys...when the kids finally came back to their bench where we were, the looks on their faces put tears in my eyes.

We lost in the next round...but that was a 'good stuff about sports' that none of us will ever forget.

Sandra

The build up of the game. The anticipation that something great could happen that has never happened before.

I think we are getting to the good part of sports, October. The Fall Classic, College Football and the NFL in full swing. You cant beat that. Actually, Thanksgiving Day is pretty cool sports day. That alone is a great thing about sports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts