What we love about sports

1. Opening day of Baseball in Detroit, nothing like it I encourage all to experience it once. The people, the partying and the atmosphere of it all.

Cincinnati on opening day has a parade to start off the new season. They do it up big there and that parade has been a tradition for years. The Reds used to be the only team to play on opening day because they were the first professional team.

Cincinnati on opening day has a parade to start off the new season. They do it up big there and that parade has been a tradition for years. The Reds used to be the only team to play on opening day because they were the first professional team.

As long as they don't let that assclown Mayor throw out the first pitch again. :D

1. The Army-Navy Game. It screams tradition. And all the pomp and circumstance that surrounds it. Truly a nationwide game. And one of the more civil rivalries in sports.

2. Opening day of baseball. Even if I never watch another game all year, if I'm not working, I try to catch all the games on ESPN. Or on the radio if I'm out doing something.

3. Good Sports writing. Sports writers are a dime a dozen. The good ones really stick out. Mitch Albom and John Feinstein are two that come to mind immediately.

4. Vin Scully - They should clone this guy and put him on every broadcast team in the majors. I could listen to him all day. Adding Charley Steiner was great, too.

5. NHL Playoffs. Even though it looks like the Avs won't be making it this year.

6. Red Sox-Yankees - still a great rivalry, made moreso this year since both teams spent the money.

7. March Madness. I really start paying attention to college basketball when the tournaments get started. I always like to see the upsets, but I like a good matchup in the final four.

Yes, I use to look forward to the Reds being the opening game of the year, it's a shame they took it away ...

Also I dislike that they open the season (not the Reds) on a Sunday night instead of Monday ... they even have Regular season games out of North America and then have them play more exhibition games, whats up with that ?

Opps, part of this probably should have went into the other thread...

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts