The great Comcast Sports Net/Dish TV HD fraud.....

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
As a Baseball fan in Northern California it's disheartening to see the San Francisco Giants advertised in the program guide to be presented in HD and have the game be in the 4th inning and still no HD. SD is provided but the programing advertised is retarded. I imagine it's a economic issue......but in this case the consumer is being mislead..........I don't know if it's Dish TV or Comcast (Comcast provides the programing to Dish) that's defrauding the customers , but if neither are doing anything about it makes both look deceitful or at best indifferent.......Shame on them........!

Last edited:
There are numerous threads on this subject as it happens all over the country! Its dish that is doing this and its not because of the economy! Its because dish is too cheap to launch the channel in 100 percent hd all the time! You are missing out in much more than games!

I just got home and I've been recording "Check back often....Bullsh!t" for seven innings. I wonder what I missed... Its like Dish doesn't even care. Well they must not cause I don't think there's even a east coast game still going. When I move soon...I will be moving on this joke with E*!!

I just got home and I've been recording "Check back often....Bullsh!t" for seven innings. I wonder what I missed... Its like Dish doesn't even care. Well they must not cause I don't think there's even a east coast game still going. When I move soon...I will be moving on this joke with E*!!
There are many things about Dish I like, this I don't and I am willing to complain regardless if it does any good or not.

I posted this in the other HD RSN thread but I'll put it here too.

I bet they were supposed to use the bandwidth after my Tigers game against the Indians last night. The problem is we had a 2 hour rain delay followed by a 14 inning game. It lasted about 7 hours in total. They should have turned it on in another slot for you guys but I guess they didn't.

They turned the HD feed off on our game at exactly 1:10 AM our time. I think it was like the 12th inning or something like that. I watched a half inning on the SD channel and checked again and someone had turned the HD feed back on. The game ended around 2:00AM Eastern Time.

I have had to watch a couple of Red Sox games in SD this year. Happened during the end if Hockey season, as it does every year (NESN carries the Bruins too). The Sox are relegated to the "alternate channel" which in Dish's case, may or may not be HD. Am I good with this? Hell no but I have to admit we have not had any Sox HD broadcasts JIPd in the last year ir two and the entire game, regardless of length, is shown. Depending on game length we can also watch the post game show in HD too. Although if the guide says the HD broadcast ends at x time you can bet it never goes more than a minute or 2 over.
I would be pissed if games scheduled for HD were not in HD, especially if I was recording. There really isno excuse.
So far Dish continues to be the best value for my family howver given that baseball season is 6 months long pluspost season I would seriously be looking at another provider if I had all the problems posted here.
Yes we all know sports is not a priority at Dish but of the guide says itsin HD it should be andit shoulstart on time bottom line...

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

It was in HD, you didn't see it because you can't set it to record before it actually starts on those channels. If you do all you get is what you saw.

It was in HD, you didn't see it because you can't set it to record before it actually starts on those channels. If you do all you get is what you saw.

Put them up in 100 percent HD all the time, you wont have that issue... Much more than game time now. Lots of programming is in HD like the Dan Patrick show, hunting shows, locally produced shows like sports night, ect.

Dish wonders why they are shedding customers, between this and the DVR fees. The sad part is I think management it dish is too stubborn to change. It’s sad that they can’t even recognize when the marketplace changes. It’s like steering the titanic into the iceburg.

would be nice to see people quit making excuses when dish screws up. we know their policy, but when it is in the guide, it should happen.

I wasn't making an excuse for Dish. I want full time HD as much as anyone here, and I have complained in multiple threads and emailed the ceo email address. I was just giving the reason why they never turned the HD feed on for this game.

When I was a Dish subcriber, I also subcribed to NHL Center Ice. Almost all of the games would be broadcast in HD. Yet on Dish only 2 or 3 games a night would be carried in HD. This issue would drive me nuts. I was paying for a premium service yet only receiving 2 or 3 games in HD. This issue and the lack of any NY local sports coverage drove me from Dish. Once Dish lost MSG I knew my days with them were numbered. Other than the NFL Dish has no local NYC sports coverage. I would love to know how many NYC area subscribers Dish has lost because of this.

Put them up in 100 percent HD all the time, you wont have that issue... Much more than game time now. Lots of programming is in HD like the Dan Patrick show, hunting shows, locally produced shows like sports night, ect.

Dish wonders why they are shedding customers, between this and the DVR fees. The sad part is I think management it dish is too stubborn to change. It’s sad that they can’t even recognize when the marketplace changes. It’s like steering the titanic into the iceburg.

Maybe they will be in 100% HD when cheap ass Mike White puts up AMC HD and BBC America HD instead of niche HBO and Cinemax channels.

It's at the point the complaints have become just noise now. Dish is what Dish is, Direct is what Direct is. I gave an answer to a poster so that he will know the game was indeed in HD. All the complaining does not change that.
Those of us who want most all national programming in HD Dish is the answer. The rest of you should switch if sports is more important, as simple as that. I hope Dish does not listen to you, as they have not. When they can provide full time RSN's without affecting national and local channels in HD, that will be great.

It’s sad that they can’t even recognize when the marketplace changes. It’s like steering the titanic into the iceburg.

Honestly, that's how I feel about those that just keep complaining about this. Sad. My answer stands, it would have been seen in HD.

I agree with the poster, and other posters, who say if the guide shows it available in HD it should be.

So far....so good!
Giants in HD since this thread started here and elsewhere. I hope this is not a coincidence and Dish is really addressing this issue.

It's at the point the complaints have become just noise now. Dish is what Dish is, Direct is what Direct is. I gave an answer to a poster so that he will know the game was indeed in HD. All the complaining does not change that.
Those of us who want most all national programming in HD Dish is the answer. The rest of you should switch if sports is more important, as simple as that. I hope Dish does not listen to you, as they have not. When they can provide full time RSN's without affecting national and local channels in HD, that will be great.

Honestly, that's how I feel about those that just keep complaining about this. Sad. My answer stands, it would have been seen in HD.

I agree with the poster, and other posters, who say if the guide shows it available in HD it should be.

That noise has lead to 281,000 subs dropping dish in the past 5 quarters. Ignore it all you want but 281,000 people realize that dish is a substandard provider. Your comments are the same attitude that Captain Edward John Smith took when he received his warnings about Icebergs (and I'm not talking about the mod here). The world knows how well that worked out for him. There obviously is a serious problem at dish as 281 thousand people all agree that dish isn't their provider of choice. 17 million plus over on the Directv side agrees that sports programming is key to their programming options and even more when you start counting every other provider out there whom at least carry's their HD RSN in full time. Dish is the ONLY provider who doesn't carry HD rsn's in full time. Dish is the ONLY provider who has had 8 or more quarterly losses out of the major players in the market. Directv has NEVER took a loss in subs.

Dish is a very weak company with weak programming options when it comes to sports. Sure Dish is going to have some diehards whom cant accept reality. So does 4DTV, and we all see how well that is going! The point is, there is a point where the noise becomes right and has been right all along. There is a reason why your customers are screaming and if you fail to listen to them, then it hurts your bottom line. Customers are what brings food onto the table and if you fail to realize that then your going to go no where. Its apparent that 281 thousand people have voted with there pocket book, and said no to charlie. I suspect were going to see alot more! HDRSN's is a very big thing. Word of mouth gets around and if your company has a bad rep, then people are going to go for other options, like 281 thousand people already have.

Word... The lone wolf cry's Bubba... The lone Wolf cry's.... NED OUT! LOL :)

OK, so I guess I'm finding this out the hard way. Installed two days ago. From looking at the website, is next to impossible for someone who is not a Dish customer to see what is really going on here. In my case both NESN, and CSNNE are shown in the channel listing as being in HD. I sign up, and now find out that both of those channels are in SD 95% of the time, and only in HD when dish decides it's worth their time. BS! I am calling now, and will lose it if these two channels are in SD all of the time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts