Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
Seems a 24 hour "Horror Channel" ala "The Sci-Fi Channel" and "Comedy Central" is in the development stages.
The web site is already up to whet people's appetites:

http://www.horrorchannel.com/home.htm

My only hope is that it's going to be "commercial free" and "unedited" at least during the movies themselves. Who wants to watch an "edited for television" version of "The Exorcist" or Nightmare on Elm St." for instance, interrupted with Pepsi and Pizza Hut commercials??
Still, an intriguing idea.

Too bad it's going to be a network rather than a premuim movie service.

Yeah, but look at the name of those involved. Gives me great hope for this channel.

From the SciFi weekely news (they got it from Variety):

Cable television entrepreneurs Nick Psaltos and Kim Bangash have enlisted directors Wes Craven, John Carpenter and Tobe Hooper to join the advisory board of the Horror Channel, a proposed network that aims to begin operation on Halloween night 2004 . . . Bangash told the trade paper that the network has more than 1,000 U.S. horror movies to draw on for its round-the-clock schedule, as well as another 1,000-plus movies and TV series from abroad.

I can imaine Dish launching their own horror channel, showing nothing but expressions of people opening up their cable bills to see another rate hike has taken place. :)

Hey it's only a joke :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I can imaine Dish launching their own horror channel, showing nothing but expressions of people opening up their cable bills to see another rate hike has taken place. :)

More likely to be reenactments and testimonials from original Dishplayer owners!!! :D

Funny

Scott Greczkowski said:

Yeah Its too bad

George Romero was at yesterday VOOM Press Conference and he will have a big roll in the Horror Channel. So look for some original series to develop as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.