The Horror.... has Big Bang lost its mojo?

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I love this show to death, but the season finale in May, the premiere last week, and this week's cricket episode really have missed the mark.

The humor seems forced. And while the episodes qualify as "good" I would have to say they are nowhere as funny as stuff like the dead hooker juxtaposition, or the original comic book store episode. Ok, I do like the "In the world of emoticons, I am colon capital D." And last night's line about "This conservation is circling, Meeting Adjourned" was something we have all wanted to day, but....

I am afraid that the Penny-Leonard relationship thing has the real potential of ruining one of the best situational comedies of all times. YES, we all want them to be together, but not until the end of the show. Its the sexual tension that makes it funny. Not them mauling each other.

I sure hope Chuck Lorre finds the funny place where the first two seasons of this show were -- and soon.

I agree that the first episode of this season was a bit off. I enjoyed this last one though.

I thought the cricket bet between Sheldon and Wolowitz was great. Lewis Black playing a crazy SOB is always fun. Having Sheldon admit that he was wrong was much needed. Much of last season I was wondering how they kept themselves from killing Sheldon because of his arrogance.

I too thought the Penny and Leonard romance was ridiculous at first, but last night's show has persuaded me to give them a chance. I think the ending proved that even though they have no idea what they're doing with each other, they both want the same thing ultimately.

I think the show will keep going strong from here.

I agree the Season Premier was not very good (they just tied up loose ends from last season) but I loved last night's show (9/28). I believe since they are on later that the writers have a little more freedom than being earlier in the evening. I loved the Cricket bet but thought the Entomologist scene was juvenile (boy I can't spell all these big words - where's the spell check) humor. Sheldon was once again the one with all the punch lines, but that's how it was last season. I thought this show was on par, maybe a little better, than last season. I say keep up the good work Chuck.

I'm not having a problem with it. It is a good and necessary development.

If they left the Leonard/Penny thing as it was, it would eventually stagnate. I see a lot of opportunities here with Leonard trying to be thoughtful in a geek sort of way, and Penny not getting it. Leonard totally missing some sort of cue that anyone experienced with relationships would catch. And so forth.

I think back to some of the arguments with my Wife:

Cindy: Oh, you are just so damned logical
Me: Yeah? You say that like it's a bad thing.
Cindy: Arrrgh!

Took me years to figure out that it wasn't about logic and absolute facts.

Eventually they will break up and that will add a bunch of tension because she is now part of that group and will continue to hang around.

I'm also worried about them actually getting together and totally agree that the tension is what made it good. But this is similar to the Chuck situation and that has worked out ok.

This thread accomplished what I hoped it would; it sparked good debate - and gives me renewed hope that maybe I am being too hard on the show, as I want to laugh until I cry every week.

I am ok with Penny and Leonard together, as long as the show isn't always about sex; yet, if I were Leonard, I am sure that's all I would be thinking about. :D

All series have high and low points. I was a huge Seinfeld fan, and they had lots of classic episodes, and others not so good. The show has had a little lower level episodes, but it will pick up. Next week's episode sounds real good.

This show has set such a high standard that if it is not ROTFL stuff people think it was not that good. Even when not as its best BBT is still really good.:)

I thought the Season premiere was a little lacking but Mondays episode was good.

I just got done watching the second episode, and while it was better then the first its still not up to normal BBT caliber.

Am I the only one who wants to reach through the TV and smack Sheldon when he starts whining.

Lewis Black was funny as the grumpy old man.

Not enough geeky refrences this week, and why did the Wolverene comic book which had many pages in it (Sheldon said.. he look its right here on page 20" have no pages in the book, only a cover for the book. Couldn't they have slipped a real comic book in there between the cover to make it look real? :)

Tonight (10/5) was by far the best episode of the season. One of the best to date in my opinion. Great stuff by everyone.

Tonight (10/5) was by far the best episode of the season. One of the best to date in my opinion. Great stuff by everyone.

I thought it was funny, and the best of the season, but no classic one liners.

I liked when Sheldon used the water bottle on Leonard. :)

I was wondering if it was just me. I don't like the relationship Leonard now has with Penny. She is supposed to be the unreachable hot girl that nerds long for, but never get. Now it just seems like a regular relationship, and suddenly Penny seems a lot more "obtainable". Anyway, I like the show and will keep watching of course. Hopefully this will work out.

-Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts