The HUB: More Retro TV Coming Soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It really seems as though everyone is jumping on the retro bandwagon. I wish more of these could end up on satellite some how. Most seem available only as local OTA subchannels.

KUBE from Houston looks nice, even has "Perry Mason" and "Star Trek".

I wrote the following email to CBS earlier this week:

Email sent to CBS:

I have the solution for your Saturday night primetime ratings:

I would show repeats of retro CBS Saturday night program hits such as "All in the Family", "Bob Newhart", "One Day at a Time", "The Jefferson’s" and "The Carol Burnett Show".

It could be called "CBS Saturday Night Retro Night". MILLIONS would tune in and advertisers would be knocking down your door. Just look at the success of "RTV" and the soon to be appearing "Antenna TV" and "The HUB" channels.

Families don't watch TV on Saturday nights anymore simply because there is nothing worth watching. CBS could change this by showing retro programming on Saturday nights.

Thank you for listening and if you take my suggestion and become #1 on Saturday night just say Dave Rinker from PA told you. :)

Thank You,
Dave Rinker
Gibsonia, PA

It really seems as though everyone is jumping on the retro bandwagon. I wish more of these could end up on satellite some how. Most seem available only as local OTA subchannels.

KUBE from Houston looks nice, even has "Perry Mason" and "Star Trek".

I seem to remember watching a My Tube 55 in Houston say 3 years ago. Retro tv content also.

And so this KUBE is changing format from spanish to retro tv.
I´d say that there´s definetely a trend here.

the hub just showed up under my replacing disc kids on timewarner cable today. looks like a good channel to watch for some retro. i need goodtimes , all in the family, jeffersons......oh the ones tvland used to show before they changed

The hub is cool. yesterday was series premiere day with the 1st show of all their shows

got to see the 1st episode of Fraggle Rock :)

Today's News:
TVBizwire
Network Co-Owned by Toy Maker Hasbro Takes a Page From Nick at Nite, Tapping Old Network Hits MediaPost
The Hub, the new children's network co-owned by toy maker Hasbro and Discovery, is taking a page from Nick at Nite and seeking to build an audience by airing "Happy Days" and other former TV hits, reports MediaPost's MediaDailyNews.

The strategy seems to be working, given that an Oct. 13 broadcast of "Happy Days" was The Hub's top-rated show for the Monday-through-Thursday period last week, the story notes.
The show pulled in a .27 household rating in "live plus same day" ratings. Other classic TV shows finding new life on the children's network include "Family Ties" and "Doogie Howser, M.D." on weeknights, the story notes.

I'll have to look at the Hub I have it on my 4D right now :) Been watching the first season of Happy Days lately on WBME Me-Tv out of Milwaukee on DirecTV. Seems like everyone is going retro lately. Will Tv land and RTV turn into total reality channels soon?

Discovery Suite from SRL.

WebForm1

Just watched the Wonder Years, Pretty cool. Last time I saw TWY was on Ion years ago.

Last edited:
Been watching the Master feed of the Hub the last couple night's. I'm really going to miss having access to the master after 12/31. That is some fine video HD quality for sure.

Just found this channel on Dish last night. I actually sat and went back to my kiddie days and watched the old Tranformers and GI Joe shows that were on. lol
I already have the entire wonder years collection in avi, but it is nice to see it on the air again. One of the best shows of all time imo.

Any word if Dish will get a HD version of this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts