the "I now have a hopper 3 and I have questions" thread

I think that you are correct, but I don't remember which dvr it was, but I do remember following the steps & it worked
I believe it was the 625 and if I remember correctly you needed to watch and delete all recordings so the space could be expanded

No reason to worry about what it says online. If the connection works in your home that's the only thing that matters.

That was what I thought since if the Weather Channel app works, the internet works but apparently dishanywhere.com doesn't think so...

Y8iYJNQ.jpg

I believe it was the 625 and if I remember correctly you needed to watch and delete all recordings so the space could be expanded
I remember having the 625 and a software update increased the user space. It was before I was here and I was shocked to see my available space double overnight.

Got my H3 yesterday and am struggling with the new remote as well. Two main issues for me: it can't learn new commands the way the old one did. My AVR has discrete on/off commands so the new remote cannot turn the AVR on - it can only turn it off. The remote also refuses to control the AVR volume while in SAT mode - I set it in the menu, it claims to save the setting, but as soon as I exit the menu, it reverts back to controlling the TV volume. I don't use the TV speakers, so I have to use two remotes or switch the remote into Aux mode to change volume. Anyone else having these issues?

There are 2 menu options on the remote screen for aux volume. First shows the selected AVR for aux. Further down is a button to select use aux for volume.

There are 2 menu options on the remote screen for aux volume. First shows the selected AVR for aux. Further down is a button to select use aux for volume.
Problem is, once I make those selections and close the menu, it reverts right back to TV volume. It won't save the settings.

Just got my H3 + 2 4k J's.... will post in the got my stuff thread later... first question... paused in one of the rooms with the Joey... went to the other room and found the tuner page and picked up the program.. which also caused it to un-pause in the original room... is this unique to the new H3 setup, or is this a bug?

Just got my H3 + 2 4k J's.... will post in the got my stuff thread later... first question... paused in one of the rooms with the Joey... went to the other room and found the tuner page and picked up the program.. which also caused it to un-pause in the original room... is this unique to the new H3 setup, or is this a bug?

I'd call it a bug.....

With the 40.0 I could pause 2 channels (did to watch 2 live shows to be able to skip commercials) using the swap button. If I use recall on the 52 it makes me go live.

How can I do this with the new remote?
Thanks

Got my H3 yesterday and am struggling with the new remote as well. Two main issues for me: it can't learn new commands the way the old one did. My AVR has discrete on/off commands so the new remote cannot turn the AVR on - it can only turn it off. The remote also refuses to control the AVR volume while in SAT mode - I set it in the menu, it claims to save the setting, but as soon as I exit the menu, it reverts back to controlling the TV volume. I don't use the TV speakers, so I have to use two remotes or switch the remote into Aux mode to change volume. Anyone else having these issues?

Redo/setup remote for your AV receiver. Under auxiliary device paring. Select "Audio Receiver" Not "Audio Amplifier" Had the same problem after install that fixed it for me. Good luck

I am new to Dish and trying to figure out how to record a keyword. I think this is called "seek and record," but I cannot find how to do this. For example, if I wanted to record everything with the keyword "coffee" how would you set this up? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

One more question - is there any 4K content at all on Hopper 3 as of now? Would like to test this (be it VOD or elsewhere).

I am new to Dish and trying to figure out how to record a keyword. I think this is called "seek and record," but I cannot find how to do this. For example, if I wanted to record everything with the keyword "coffee" how would you set this up? Thanks!

It was called "seek and record" on the old interface. Dish has removed it in the "improved" interface...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)