The "improved" Tech Chat

KA3QOT

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Does anyone know who's bright idea was to take the Tech Chat - which was once wonderfully geeky - and turn it into an "Entertainment Tonight"-like scripted show?

It is totally unwatchable.

Yes it totally stunk.I wasted 30 minutes of my life watching it.Who cares about what Target has to offer.They wasted 15 minutes of the show on crap.The set was really nice however.Dish do yourself a favor and all of us and get the old tech chat back with the guys on there before.We want to hear about latest Dish news ,updates ,hardware and software.Please make the show 1 hour again.

that was my last viewing of that format. hope someone posts if they ever change to something more useful.

I'm not against Dish producing such crap that is a big commercial for a major store retailer, but it should NOT be a replacement for the original Tech Forum. I was looking forward to our Mark and company tell us all about the specs of Echostar XI. But, we were robbed.

I love the occasional candidness of Mark and Co. regarding technical matters at Dish. I know we have complained that some episodes were pointless, but where would we all be if they hadn't taken the time to tell us all the great things--and limitations--of the external HDD feature on one of the Tech Forums? I would much rather hear from the horse's mouth that there will be a delay on a software update then have it never even remotely mentioned on the last phony Tech Forum.

Please bring back the old format of Tech Forum. There may be room for improvement there, but it was an unparalleled way for Dish to make a connection with its customers. And I really appreciated the times they copped that something didn't go as planned, but they are aware and will have a fix. Bring back Mark and his good friend Dave Kummer.

like scott said it was crap. maybe he should run the next tech chat. we want to see the latest technology. that's it.

It's not that a scripted program would bother me so much, in fact the first couple of minutes looked pretty good. It's just that the content of the program needs to carry through consistantly and be of good informational quality.

If they'd talked "tech" about the actual Dish products, previews of new systems and whatnot, that'd be fine with me. I'd even be fine with "filler" between times where there isn't necessarily new information. That "filler" could be tours of the uplink facilities, how they receive signals from providers in terms of Locals, etc.

But a "Target" advert? Hope they received enough kickback to lower our rates. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)