The "Input/Pair" button, fail?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tropez

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
United States
On occasion I need to change inputs on my TV. When I hit the TV button at the top of the remote for TV "mode", then it the Input button (which is also labeled pair), it does not work as I would expect. With other remotes I would get a list of inputs on the TV since that was the device "mode" I was in. I have yet to find a way to do this with the Hopper remote. I would like to figure this out so I can abandon my OEM TV remote and get it out of my living room. Any ideas, or am I missing something?

As we all know whenever they change the remotes they fix one thing for some TV models that break it for other remotes.

Find a different code for your TV using the remote manager, or, utilize the learn function. You're offered an option to add learned commands to existing code.

Menu->Settings->Remote Manager->TV Code->Learn->Add learned commands to existing code->Start Learning.

Instructions are well laid out for you on-screen. At least you have the OEM remote. Biggest issue as a tech when programming customer TVs on ViP Receivers is if there's no code, and they don't have an OEM remote, I can't help them.

In Remote Manager make sure Limited Mode is not Enabled.

Awesome! This fixed it. You da man!

you-da-man.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts