The "Input/Pair" button, fail?

tropez

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
United States
On occasion I need to change inputs on my TV. When I hit the TV button at the top of the remote for TV "mode", then it the Input button (which is also labeled pair), it does not work as I would expect. With other remotes I would get a list of inputs on the TV since that was the device "mode" I was in. I have yet to find a way to do this with the Hopper remote. I would like to figure this out so I can abandon my OEM TV remote and get it out of my living room. Any ideas, or am I missing something?

As we all know whenever they change the remotes they fix one thing for some TV models that break it for other remotes.

Find a different code for your TV using the remote manager, or, utilize the learn function. You're offered an option to add learned commands to existing code.

Menu->Settings->Remote Manager->TV Code->Learn->Add learned commands to existing code->Start Learning.

Instructions are well laid out for you on-screen. At least you have the OEM remote. Biggest issue as a tech when programming customer TVs on ViP Receivers is if there's no code, and they don't have an OEM remote, I can't help them.

In Remote Manager make sure Limited Mode is not Enabled.

Awesome! This fixed it. You da man!

you-da-man.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)