The installer says $80.00 extra charge for separate lines..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

deeann

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2004
CA
for OTA and Sat according to the installer coming tomorrow (Crave Electronics). My husband called Voom and they said the installer could charge that it they wanted to, so I guess we'll be using the diplexor.

deeann said:
for OTA and Sat according to the installer coming tomorrow (Crave Electronics). My husband called Voom and they said the installer could charge that it they wanted to, so I guess we'll be using the diplexor.

All of the threads that I have read stated that they cannot charge you for seperate runs. If they do you should contact Joe from Installs inc. The e-mail address is jharkins@installs.com. I've heard that some have contacted him and been reimbursed for the charge. I'm getting Voom on Monday so this is just what I have read over the last few days. I'm hoping that I dont have to worry about being charged.

Thanks! Sean had recomended I email him a few weeks ago when I found out who the installer was (they have kind of a sketchy rep), but I - um- didn't (just thinking optimistically). :eek:

When I had my install, I was informed before hand that if a new cable run to an inside wall was necessary then there would be an 80 dollar charge. In my case, I had an existing OTA TV antenna to which the diplexor was hooked up so I didn't have to pay the additional charge. From the way it was stated to me, if the run would have been on an outside wall, there would have been no extra charge - it was only due to the fact that the line would have been on an inside wall which, I guess, requires a little more time to set up completely (run, fish it out, finish out with a wall plate, etc.)

dave

That makes sense, but I wonder why the confimation is saying up to four lines are included. In our case we have one cable line coming from the outside running through a wall plate to the living room (which then runs to the cable box). I'd like to keep cable (at least for a bit) while we see how this will work out. So they'd need to run two lines in and a new (or two) wall plate.

My installer intially said it would be $25 for the extra cable. I said OK. The tuner didn't work (this was one of the early ones), so he threw in the cable for my trouble. If your installer wants $80, I'd call Voom or Installs and ask that you be assigned to a different installer.

Joe Harkins has specifically said no charge up to 4 line of coax no longer than 125'. Joe has also said that they are trying to teach installers that customers can opt out of the diplexer without extra cost. Either way, you may pay him to get rid of him but send an email to Joe Harkins and you will get immediately reimbursed.

We'll try to call Installs Inc tonight (if they are still open) or get ahold of them tomorrow, but that's what we might end up doing (paying the installer and emailing Joe Harkins).

Thanks!!!!

Just a quick note , But if a customer wants two lines at one location the installer can charge. Voom or Installs Inc Only pays for one line. Now if it is at another location with another receiver than I can understand why a customer would be upset.

I just got of the phone with Installs Inc (the customer service rep was very nice!) and they confirmed that we shouldn't be charged for it, and that when the installer shows up tomorrow have them call Installs Inc.

ou2much said:
Just a quick note , But if a customer wants two lines at one location the installer can charge. Voom or Installs Inc Only pays for one line. Now if it is at another location with another receiver than I can understand why a customer would be upset.

None of this is true if the contract spells it out differently, which is exactly what the V* one does. It's in black and white print.

These independent installers saying otherwise are either:

a) misinformed of their contractual agreement

or

b) trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the consumer for extra $$$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)