The Jay Leno Show: Born Sept. 14, 2009 - Died Feb 12, 2010

Well then why was it posted in response to a post about Carson? maybe I am missing something here. But at this point it hardly matters.

My comment was about Carson. This was posted

And as much of a fan I was of Johnny Carson I had also heard rumors about him sometimes being a mean-spirited human being.

And I responded:
It's the usual slander. Any one who is as beloved as Carson is bound to be maligned by a baseless, untraceable allegation in an attempt to knock them down a peg. The envious human attitude, "If you lose, I win."

And I do recognize that the OP is not the source of the rumor or allegation. But propagating the second, third, fourth hand accounts of a celebrity being a bad person is not something I let stand unchallenged.

I guess I did not see where an article was involved unless it was the one he was proviving. But apparently there is another article or we are all taking this too seriously or something like that.

I think it actually promoted Jay just as much as Letterman. I would guess that NBC knew and probably leapt at the chance to promote leno on CBS.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to KAB in another thread Conan cannot appear on another network even asa guest till April.

But the big news today is that, by airing an otherwise forgettable rerun of "Law and Order: SVU" in this Wednesday's 10 p.m. slot, NBC drew nearly two million more viewers than "The Jay Leno Show" did on a typical weeknight.

A first-run episode of "The Jay Leno Show" had been pulling in a little over 4 million viewers a night before it was canced on February 9. This week, a repeat of "SVU" drew 5.98 million viewers.
It was actually the third time this SVU episode was aired....

Leno Leaves, Bigger NBC Audiences Arrive - Yahoo! TV Blog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)