The Jay Leno Show: Born Sept. 14, 2009 - Died Feb 12, 2010

I am not a fan of O'Brien, but he got screwed on this one...of course, his ratings were a big problem that needed to eventually be addressed. Regardless, NBC has been the chief culprit for a) deciding Leno needed to be replaced back in 2004 and b) replacing him with O'Brien and c) realizing their error they further screwed things up by d) the failed The Jay Leno Show in the 10pm timeslot. Needless to say, NBC is wanting to move Leno back into his former timeslot assuming he brings back the 1-2 million viewered who defected. Of course, NBC continued to demonstrate their lact of leadership and common sense by not dealing with the ratings issues and affiliate upheaval behind closed doors. As such, NBC is the quintessential cheesedicks of the broadcasting industry...and their abismal prime-time ratings are offered as proof.

Anyway, Leno probably should have walked-away from NBC (since he is not under contract...left as host of the Tonight Show...and would be the right thing to do) and sign-on with FOX or ABC, continue his "part-time Vegas gig, or just plain disappear like Johnny Carson. As much as I like Leno, it just won't be the same Tonight Show when he returns.

Yeah Rosie was really downing Jay this morning on Howard Stearn complaining about lead in, thats BS, the lead in is the news, not what is on :35 before... (of course Howard got her a gig at Sirius so she will "toe the line" and Howard hates Jay)
Wow. Did I wake up in a new Universe? Rosie on the Howard Stern Show? Howard hated Rosie and trashed her for years. What happened ? That's very strange.

NBC's Post-Leno 10PM schedule: (source)

Monday - Law & Order -maybe a new night will help it/ plus bringing back Trauma at 9:00

Tuesday - Parenthood - Mmm... Lauren Graham! back on Tuesday Nights - sadly, no Rory

Wednesday - Law & Order: SVU (new) -Preceded by a RERUN SVU

Thursday - The Marriage Ref -Trying to recapture lightning in a bottle - a Seinfeld produced show on Thursdays

Friday - Dateline (2hr) - When in doubt, fill friday nights with dateline....

Just as Leno lost 2/3rds of the 10pm time slot. Leno screws that up but gets rewarded with his old time slot back?? Not a proud day for the Peacock. :eek:

That show was doomed to fail from the beginning. Who would quit watching an actual show to watch a talk show? Not I.

Just as Leno lost 2/3rds of the 10pm time slot. Leno screws that up but gets rewarded with his old time slot back?? Not a proud day for the Peacock. :eek:
That's because those lower ratings that Leno has at 10pm are close to what his 11:30 ratings were, and much higher than Conan's are.

Yes Conan is getting screwed, but he didn't keep up his end by keeping the ratings up. Shows get canceled all the time due to low ratings, the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian is no different.

Nice job by Jimmy Kimmel last night in making Jay squirm:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/axwO6BkCtIo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/axwO6BkCtIo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I watched that and wondered why Jay had him on... , then watched about 30 seconds of Carrot Top and turned the TV off... ;)

This is why:

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OMgPPJZfsCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OMgPPJZfsCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Damn Jimmy got Jay good.

While I like Jay over Conan as a host / performer etc... Jay did retire from the Tonight Show. Conan moved everyone from NY to LA everyone left their families to go to LA and do the tonight show.

I feel bad for Conan because of that. Again I would rather watch Jay then Conan but again I can feel for Conan in this big mess.

Scott, Jay didn't retire from the Tonight show, the NBC execs "gave" Conan the show 5 years ago to keep him from bolting... they forced Jay out.

Yes, they did. I remember him mentioning it on the air when that happened.

Scott, Jay didn't retire from the Tonight show, the NBC execs "gave" Conan the show 5 years ago to keep him from bolting... they forced Jay out.
Doesn't matter. The overall public perception is that NBC execs are morons, Jay is the bad guy, and he is getting hammered for it. Should be interesting to see how this affects Jay's ratings after going back.

I know that Jimmy Kimmel has found at least one new fan!!

Kimmel has always been my favorite.....

IMO,

Kimmel>Conan>>Letterman>>>>Leno. I'm guessing I'm in the minority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)