The Jay Leno Show: Born Sept. 14, 2009 - Died Feb 12, 2010

Actually his entire first two weeks are pretty yawn inspiring:

Monday, March 1 - Jamie Foxx, Olympic Skier Lindsey and a musical performance by Brad Paisley
Tuesday, March 2 - Sarah Palin, Snowboarder Shaun White
Wednesday, March 3 - “Jaywalk All-Stars” with the Cast of “Jersey Shore,” Chelsea Handler, Speed Skater Apolo Anton Ohno and a musical performance by Avril Lavigne
Thursday, March 4 - Matthew McConaughey and Jason Reitman
Friday, March 5 - Morgan Freeman and Meredith Vieira

Monday, March 8 - Simon Cowell
Tuesday, March 9 - Christoph Waltz, Animal Expert Dave Salmoni and a musical performance by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
Wednesday, March 10 - Kristen Stewart and Guy Fieri
Thursday, March 11 - Dana Carvey and Kim Kardashian, with a musical performance by Colbie Caillat
Friday, March 12 - Dakota Fanning and Judd Apatow

From - everyone hates jay leno - What Would Tyler Durden Do

By booking run of the mill underwhelming guests they could be trying to take a 'business as usual' approach. It's painfully obvious that it's lacking the big names (Palin will be the highlight, but people will watch for the same reason they slow down passing a car accident) that usually come out for a launch of a show. I know this is a 'relaunch' but it's the same thing.

Speaking of shows being canceled, I give that new Seinfeld show "The Marriage Ref" about 3 months before it's gone. The networks are so lost.

Speaking of shows being canceled, I give that new Seinfeld show "The Marriage Ref" about 3 months before it's gone. The networks are so lost.
I agree!!!

Hmmm. I was wondering what studio Leno's "new" Tonight Show is going to use? Personally, I didn't like the studio he used for the now defunct Jay Leno Show. Will he go back to his old studio setup or, dare I say, hold stage at O'Brien's former studio?

I have old 8mm home movies of going to The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson back years ago. We couldn't film inside but the studio was small. Television makes it seem much bigger . And Carson had a very low budget set. It would be interesting to see if any of his old set was saved .

I have old 8mm home movies of going to The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson back years ago. We couldn't film inside but the studio was small. Television makes it seem much bigger . And Carson had a very low budget set. It would be interesting to see if any of his old set was saved .
Yep, my grandparents attended an episode back in the mid-70s and said the same thing. Speaking of old sets...reminds me of a "classic" Seinfeld episode in which Kramer obtained the old set used in the Dick Cavett Show (or was it Mike Douglas?). Anyway, funny stuff.

Yep, my grandparents attended an episode back in the mid-70s and said the same thing. Speaking of old sets...reminds me of a "classic" Seinfeld episode in which Kramer obtained the old set used in the Dick Cavett Show (or was it Mike Douglas?). Anyway, funny stuff.
The Merv Griffin Show. That was a funny show . I have tapes of many of those Here is a promo from my archives. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgLD6g-Cnro"]YouTube - WFTV Channel 9 Orlando Program Promo[/ame] shows. Not as many Dick Cavett shows however. I think Merv was the best . Mike Douglas was pretty good as well.

I bought a VHS player yesterday so I can archive some stuff I wanted to keep... I recorded the last week of "The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson" will have to find and check it out...

I have The Best of Carson DVD set and it includes the last two episodes in entirety. Probably better quality than you will get off the VHS. Plus they really did find a lot of the choice bits. About the same quality mix as his old anniversary shows.

I bought a VHS player yesterday so I can archive some stuff I wanted to keep... I recorded the last week of "The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson" will have to find and check it out...

I wouldn't mind a copy of that.;):D

My favorite show that I got from the Carson Website before they stopped doing it was from 1973 when Jack Benny , Mel Blanc and Jim Henson were on. Amazing quality and they have the commercials as well.
For you who have video and put it to dvd you should try to get a good VCR. One of the last best VCR'S made was the Toshiba W708 6 Head VCR. I have so many tapes I need to put to dvd and I purchased 5 of the Toshiba W708. The VCR being made today is not as good but sometimes you get lucky. Also, when I go to lawn sales, estate sales I buy prerecorded tapes that people purchased to record tv. I collect everything . It's a hit and miss but sometimes I get lucky and find some great footage.

Now it's too late now for the older stuff but when you record you should always record with the commercials included. It's always interesting to watch the original shows with the original commercials. Youtube has a few Star Trek Shows with original commercials. I know this man who posted this.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1K1SUsp_w"]YouTube - "Space Seed" - Original Broadcast Open, Close, & Commercial Breaks!!!!![/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)