The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Pretty solid start. The Donald Trump/Oreo Cookie bit was hysterical. George Clooney was the only weak part. I will be watching!

Disappointed in the monologue overall but had highlights. I liked the threat of the switch to reruns of the "Mentalist" The fake Clooney movie was entertaining and I hope he continues to ask fair and at least somewhat hard questions to any candidate that appears from either party. At this point no contest to Fallon but it's only one show.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I still do not have a sense of him. At times he seemed to still be doing the CC character and at other times he seemed like "Himself". I am nto a bif Fallon fan (though I liked his cameo) . I guess I will continue to snample the show.

Considering that the show ran 2 hours and had to be edited down it wasn't bad. I guess they had a lot of technical issues, and the interviews had to be severely edited down to fit for time. Hoping episode 2 will be a more normal episode and we will find a format.

I set a timer so I don't miss the Comedy Central shows. I liked the written and produced bits, felt that the Clooney interview was awkward, and Jeb's interview seemed like Jeb was confused as to which Steven Colbert was interviewing him.

Hopefully that goes away. The weird horned beast from Hell bit can also go away, too. I'm sure Sabra is sooooooo happy they paid for that!

I didn't really find that I liked the show. Seemed a little too silly for me . I didn't really watch him on Comedy Central either ,so maybe I don't really get his humor. No contest between him and Jimmy Fallon. Jimmy all the way.

I didn't really find that I liked the show. Seemed a little too silly for me . I didn't really watch him on Comedy Central either ,so maybe I don't really get his humor. No contest between him and Jimmy Fallon. Jimmy all the way.
I agree with most of MikeD's thoughts. NOT Letterman for sure. Time will tell...
Teachsac,
That is why they made recording devices.:)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
When did this start?

If it was last night then I wached the premiere (actualy only 5 minutes of it)

After watching the first 5 minutes of Jimmy F, then I watched the first part of this show, with his political jokes, and just a few minutes of Scarlet Johansson.who BTW looked nice.

Then I turned the TV off, and I agree, it looks like there´s nothing good on late TV shows at least for me.

I used to watch Dave every other night. but it doesn´t look like this new show will keep me watching that time slot.

So the first episode almost didn't make it to air. Stephen said that at 11:20 he wasn't sure if the network had gotten the edited show in time.

Ouch, the 2nd night's ratings not so good.. Now that the novelty is over he has to produce and not just the schtick he did on CC. Either way he's a dud in my book.
It's going to take a few weeks for him to find his groove. Fallon has the younger YouTube generation to fall back on, so he doesn't really have to try. Much like Leno has the older generation built in. Colbert will have his audience that will follow him. It's the old Letterman viewer that he has to attract. I think he will be fine as it looks like he is going to do a smarter show.

Not a fan of his band. The leader of it looks like he can't figure out why he is there and appears very nervous.

Last night's show stunk, the best part of it for me was him explaining the technical issues they had the night before.

Not a fan of his band. The leader of it looks like he can't figure out why he is there and appears very nervous.

Last night's show stunk, the best part of it for me was him explaining the technical issues they had the night before.
I can't get used to the new set. It looks cramped and the band should be on the left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)