The Latest Verizon Wireless News

Verizon voices support for Samsung Pay, will arrive on compatible devices via software update soon

http://www.androidcentral.com/veriz...rrive-compatible-devices-software-update-soon

After a waiting period that lasted the entire beta program and into the public release, Verizon has announced it's ready to support Samsung Pay. Though we don't have a final word on when phones will get the necessary software update to bring Samsung Pay, if you have a Verizon Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+ or Note 5 you can know that at some point you'll have proper Samsung Pay support now.

Samsung Pay will be supported on compatible Verizon smartphones (Galaxy S 6, S 6 edge, Note5, S6 edge +) through a future software update.

— Verizon News (@VerizonNews) October 6, 2015

Verizon Spending $80 Million to Pitch Go90 Video Service

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Verizon-Spending-80-Million-to-Pitch-Go90-Video-Service-135310

The New York Post notes that Verizon plans to spend around $80 million to market its new "Go90" Internet video service to Millennials. Launched last week, Go90 is Verizon's latest attempt to shake off its reputation as a stodgy-old telephone company and begin cashing in on the modern media market. The service doesn't even feature the Verizon brand for hopes of appearing sexier to the service's younger target demographic.

Verizon will share your browsing habits with AOL's massive ad network

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/6/9...-browsing-habits-with-aols-massive-ad-network

When Verizon bought AOL earlier this year, the two companies said they were teaming up to "pursue the joint vision of building the most significant media platform in the world." But they're also sharing something else — your personal data. Starting in November, Verizon will start sharing the information gathered by its controversial "supercookie" — an identifier inserted into mobile internet browsing activity as standard for customers of the network — with AOL's vast ad network. AOL's network, which is represented on 40 percent of websites, will be able to match internet users to their Verizon details, building profiles of their browsing habits and targeting them with specific ads based on their cellphone use.

Verizon to raise price of grandfathered unlimited data plan by $20 for those not under contract

http://www.androidcentral.com/veriz...limited-data-plan-59-those-not-under-contract

Verizon may soon be raising the price of its unlimited data plan for those who are grandfathered in if they are not under contract anymore. This report, which comes from The Verge, states that Verizon will be hiking the cost of the plan up to $49 a month, up $20 from the current $30 a month fee. The new $50 a month fee is just $5 more than the equivalent of having only 3GB of data on Verizon's current plans.

e theoretical maximum on bandwidth required is less than

Verizon to raise price of grandfathered unlimited data plan by $20 for those not under contract

http://www.androidcentral.com/veriz...limited-data-plan-59-those-not-under-contract

Verizon may soon be raising the price of its unlimited data plan for those who are grandfathered in if they are not under contract anymore. This report, which comes from The Verge, states that Verizon will be hiking the cost of the plan up to $49 a month, up $20 from the current $30 a month fee. The new $50 a month fee is just $5 more than the equivalent of having only 3GB of data on Verizon's current plans.

an if they do i'll show them how much data i can use. i think i can hit 100gb a month if i try

an if they do i'll show them how much data i can use. i think i can hit 100gb a month if i try
Once (and, of course, assuming) UHD streaming hits its stride, 100GB should be doable in a matter of days.

A friend that traffics in bootleg audio-only live concert recordings is often over 200GB/month.

Once (and, of course, assuming) UHD streaming hits its stride, 100GB should be doable in a matter of days.

A friend that traffics in bootleg audio-only live concert recordings is often over 200GB/month.

100gb can be done in less than a day.

100gb can be done in less than a day.
That depends a whole lot on your bandwidth.

My 25Mbps Comcast seems to average out to about 13Mbps and at that rate, it is about 140GB/day. Those using wireless or, heaven forbid, DSL probably can't sustain the speeds required.

4g is capable of 10gb in an hour.....................
When it comes to modern RF technologies, one should never base comparisons on what the scheme is theoretically capable of (Vmax).

The primary reason to avoid this is that most RF technologies share bandwidth with multiple devices. Unless there is a very special situation, they don't put up wireless towers with the intention of serving a single residence.

When it comes to modern RF technologies, one should never base comparisons on what the scheme is theoretically capable of (Vmax).

The primary reason to avoid this is that most RF technologies share bandwidth with multiple devices. Unless there is a very special situation, they don't put up wireless towers with the intention of serving a single residence.
not based on theory, but experimentation
and repeated

not based on theory, but experimentation
and repeated
Unless you control all but what you're trying to measure, it isn't really a valid experiment. Few can say that they always have sole use of (or even guaranteed throughput from) a hot spot or wireless tower and that it will never be subject to upstream congestion.

The tool you use to measure can also be fooled by QoS deception if the duration of the test isn't relatively long-term.

so if i download a 10gb file on my phone in an hour or less, more than once, in more than 1 location (diff towers)

diff weeks/months

no wifi turned on, no bt, ect ect

its not valid to say 4g can dl 10gb an hour?

its not valid to say 4g can dl 10gb an hour?
It is valid to say that it can. What isn't valid is to assert that it will.

Extrapolating the performance over an hour to extend an entire day is invalid as well. Carriers have all manner of capping schemes at their disposal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)