The Lighter Side Of Sports

Mike Tyson

[FONT=Arial, Geneva]"He called me a 'rapist' and a 'recluse'. I'm not a recluse."
-Mike Tyson, on writer Wallace Matthews

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"I am many things. I am an animal. I am a convicted rapist, a hell-raiser, a loving father, a semi-good husband. You don't really know me."
-Mike Tyson at a news conference where he cursed, jumped on a table, stripped off his shirt, complained about medication hurting his sex life and threatened to put "a (expletive) bullet" through the head of Lennox Lewis.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating."

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"I am the most ruthless, brutal champion ever. There is no one who can match me. I want your heart. I want to eat your children."

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity. A dark shadowy figure from the bowels of iniquity"

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Great Basketball Quotes

[FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points, they almost always win."
-Doug Collins

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"I've won at every level, except college and pro."
-Shaquille O'Neal, on his lack of championships.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"My career was sputtering until I did a 360 and got headed in the right direction."
-Tracy McGrady, after signing with the Orlando Magic.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"Are you any relation to your brother Marv?"
-Basketball player Leon Wood to announcer Steve Albert

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"It's almost like we have ESPN."
-Magic Johnson, on how well he and James Worthy work together

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to."
-Shaquille O'Neal on whether he had visited the Parthenon during his visit to Greece

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt."
-Chuck Nevitt , North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice, 1982

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"Tom."
-Tom Nissalke, New coach of the NBA's Houston Rockets, when asked how he pronounced his name, 1966

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva][FONT=Arial, Geneva]"I don't want to shoot my mouth in my foot, but those are games we can win."
-Sherman Douglas

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

- Jimy Williams during the press conference to announce him new manager of the Red Sox in the fall of 1996.

Needless to say the cruel Boston media gave that quote a LOT of mileage. :D

Not that it really amounts to anything, but I have used that phrase, albiet changing the word "ass" for the word "booty" since I was in high school back in the 60's!!!...:eek:

And believe me, I'm not picking on you, but this also caught my eye:

...because heavy fog rolled in off the banks of Lake Erie.

Actually, rivers have "banks"...lakes have "shores"...:rolleyes:

But hey, who's counting???...;)

Red Sox pitcher, Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd said this gem after a 1986 Red Sox-Indians game was called after five innings, because heavy fog rolled in off the banks of Lake Erie. :D

And believe me, I'm not picking on you, but this also caught my eye:

Actually, rivers have "banks"...lakes have "shores"...:rolleyes:

But hey, who's counting???...;)[/QUOTE]

:D LMAO.....you're right.

I guess "The Can" rubbed off on me! :eek: :haha:haha

The question is, was the game in Cleveland or Boston, knowing Oil Can it was probably in Boston !

"I understand that the world's population will reach 7 billion by 2012, and the Lions can't find 11 guys who can play football?

Jay Leno, on the current state of the Detroit Lions.

Heard one of the sports guys on ESPN talking about the Oklahoma - Texas Tech game. He said, "Oklahoma wins its games by outscoring their opponents." Silly me, I thought everybody knew that. Can any one tell me which team won a game by not out scoring the other team? I am talking football here, not golf.

McNabb

I've never been a part of a tie, didn't even know it was in the rules. We were getting ready to get another shot to go out and win the game, and unfortunately with the rules, we ended up with a tie

"... I hate to see what would happen in the Super Bowl and in the playoffs."

GM, Phil Savage has a Meltdown

Not sure if this has made national news, but shortly after the Browns win over the Bills last Monday Night, GM Phil Savage responded to a critical fan email. Read the exchange below.....

You are easily the worst GM in the NFL. Chud, Crennel and Tucker should
NOT have jobs. How the hell do you play prevent defense the entire
game? How do you NOT use Jerome Harrison more? Why the hell would you
throw the ball with 6 minutes left? This is officially a regime that is
worse than Butch Davis'. By the way, just like last week - this email
was written while the Browns still had the lead.
Subject: Re: Browns
To: xxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 12:17 AM
Go root for Buffalo-f#@* you-

Chris Collington(?) commenting on Donovan McNabb -

"Last week he learned that teams can tie, this week he learned that you can lose by halftime."

Frank Caliendo on the "Fox NFL Sunday" pregame show.

Doing a Dr. Phil impression, Caliendo said:

"Detroit Lions center Dominic Raiola flipped off Lions fans at a home game. What were you thinking? No not Dominic. But what were those guys thinking being Lion;'s fans?..."

And on PETA naming the best and worst stadiums for vegetarians:

"The worst stadium was in Detroit, where Lions actually get slaughtered each week,"